RIP Nino Munoz

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad news from Germany. Nino was one of a kind and I will miss him. Godspeed… 

Awful news.  In the cigar solar system, Nino was his own planet. Such a personality who impacted all in the Cuba/Cuban cigar community.  You can't replace people like Nino. You simply give t

I heard the news yesterday morning. Very sad. I knew he was recovering from an operation in January and I was concerned that I hadn't heard from him since then. On contacting friends of his, I was tol

So sad to read about this here, other forum, anywhere. Chatted with him all over online and got advice, opinions, learned about cigars and people too. An absolutely amazing gentleman.

Reading his own stories on his website since 2011, I am such a fan and admirer.

Peace to you and your great friends and family, Nino. Xo.

CB

• Like 3

I took great pleasure in his Flying Cigar site and know he lived a rich and full life... I wish I had known him and it's my loss for not . RIP Nino..

• Like 3

RIP. Sad news. A gentleman. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person but over the years I felt that I got To knkw him a bit via his posts. When I think of why the FOH community is so strong and diverse, I think of a few people. Nino and Mike immediately come to mind. Both had great stories, advice and cigar knowledge they willingly shared. I particularly enjoyed hearing of nino’s days as a pilot. 
Let us all support their memory by being a bit more like them. Legacy is an important thing. Nino has quite a rich one. 

• Like 3

I am deeply saddened to hear of Nino’s passing. Just this weekend I was thinking I had not seen Nino posting/commenting and hoped he was was on another trip. I never had the pleasure to meet him but hoped I would one day.

I so enjoyed his website as he regaled his trips. I knew he lived life as he wanted, and such a class act it was. Our world is that much better because he was in it. I read all the posts here and know he will be so missed by one and all. Truly a gentleman extraordinaire!

I hope Inge and the family know how much he meant to so many people, and find a small bit of solace and strength in that knowledge. I pray they will find peace, and be filled with wonderful memories of him.

You will be missed, but never forgotten. Valle con dios Don Nino.

• Like 4

So sad to read this. Nino and his Flying Cigar are a couple of my earliest memories as I found this place and embarked into this world. Twenty twenty, too continues to suck. Prayers to his family and loved ones. May his memory be eternal

• Like 3

After conversing with Nino for about 15 years online, I am so grateful that I finally got to spend some time with him in person in Cuba a few years ago.  He definitely met and exceeded all expectations. I was very sad to hear of his passing.  May he rest in peace.

• Like 4

Wow, this is heartbreaking news. I only conversed with him on this forum, but it was apparent what a gentleman and mentor he was to so many. My condolences to his family.

• Like 3