@BTWheezy, I’d like to throw in my 2 cents.
My first impression of the contaminated wiring is the cabling looks like audio cable from the 80’s/90’s. The insulation of this cable type is not designed to carry high voltage or high current. The insulation would break down and “outgas” leaving a sticky film on the cable and connectors. Seen this many times in the past on electronic/electrical equipment/machinery. Eventually the insulation material breaks down to the point of becoming “brittle” and would crack when it was bent or moved. Not knowing what voltage is in these wires I could definitely be wrong.
If it’s resin from the cedar then you just have to clean as required. If it’s the wiring, then I strongly suggest you replace all wiring as this “outgassing” will permeate your prized possessions.
[Note: if Spanish cedar is properly dried before using it will not produce resin like this. (as all wood for furniture should be and can take several years)]
Edit: It could also be caused by the high humidity that accelerates the outgassing.