FOH'ers Daily Smoke

5 hours ago, leebert said:

This. 
This.
This!

I’m smoking a Davidoff now. It’s a circa ‘07 limited edition robusto, lovely construction, perfect draw, good burn/ash, and by any standard a damn good cigar.

But compared to a habanos?

Not even close; like minor to major league ball, stock car to F1 racing, 2021 to ‘80s Paulina Porizkova, pick your metaphor… there is something profound missing in the Dominican taste. Which is so strange to me, as there is so much similar in the product (in many cases, same seed, similar climate, lat/long, etc), save for the soil. Just amazing. Closest I can come to is DRC to any other Pinot.

Every time I smoke NC I have to fight urges to snuff it out and light up a CC. Feel so blessed that it has gotten 100x easier to source the damn things over the 30 years I’ve been smoking.

Cheers!

You’re 100% spot on!! IMO they lack the richness in flavor CC’s have. The only reason I’ll smoke one now is to go into my local B&M. 

• Replies 87.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Nice. I really like those actually just ordered a few this morning as i only had one left.

Used to always shy away from rg's under 40 or so as I was concerned there would be lots of draw problems, but of the skinnoes I have tried were all excellent in construction and draw, so now there are a few skinnies I enjoy and keep in stock

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PLMC, I always have them. With more age the better..

Have a great weekend!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Partagas Culebras
Ugly as sin, but always a great taste and excellent draw,burn and construction.

Just recently discovered these when I got one as part of a trade.

Had always shied away from them assuming that the odd shape would cause them to have too tight a draw for my liking but all of them have been outstanding in every regard.

Definitely hooked on them ede49acf5e3ea595c231f005b6ac5187.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I haven't heard about anything before about how Culebras smoke -- so have shied away too.  ...Kinda thought you might be supposed to smoke all three at the same time :) 

7 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:
Second stick in a row from the same coolidor that’s exploded like this on me. Sir Winnie and Lusi to boot

What’s the rH in cooler and outside?

7 hours ago, prshah25 said:
I miss those reservas.. 

New ones are just not the same. It’s the CBL wrappers that aren’t same quality.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, havanaclub said:

What’s the rH in cooler and outside?

It’s loaded with Boveda 65%. Although I’ve had a lot of new stock come in the past months so I think it’s higher than 65%. Not sure what the house is, probably 20-30%!

It’s loaded with Boveda 65%. Although I’ve had a lot of new stock come in the past months so I think it’s higher than 65%. Not sure what the house is, probably 20-30%!

Very humid outside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1