• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

12 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

I liked the Upmann and Montecristo Anejados I tried a while back, but not really enough to justify the high price for me.

Would happily get more if I spotted them on sale though, as they were very tasty.

Not sure I buy the backstory on the Anejados being as aged as is claimed, but honestly haven't smoked enough aged Cigars to really be a good judge of it

How are they?
I have a 2019 and a 2017 i was generously gifted but have never tried one yet.
Big HDM fan in general.
Lots of excellent offerings

For me the Upmann, Monte & Partagas Anejados are good cigars but not great so far. Totally enjoyable smokes. Yes, I agree on the high price & also the backstory...

The HDM Elegantes was quite tasty. Mild to medium in strength.

Typical Hoyo taste - woody, hints of spice, sweetness came in after the first third. A very enjoyable smoke tis one. 

Cheers

On 5/28/2021 at 12:12 AM, smbauerllc said:

'16 RASS
Always enjoy the RASS recent production I smoke, but one with 5 years of age on it was just great.
Very tasty and very smooth and a bit more mellow than recent production

05540f0911e11530754a02a8229a5e82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is this one of the Dutch bands? 

8 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:
2007 BBF at my buddy’s gorgeous new house last night.

@Kaptain Karl

How are they with some age on them?
Have smoked a lot of recent production BBF's and they are one of my all time favorites, and definitely my favorite Bolivar.

What differences does the age make flavor and strength wise?

16 hours ago, Edicion said:
Is this one of the Dutch bands? 

Not sure of the exact country its from, but I'm told a number of Scandinavian and other countries add them.

Definitely not a Cuban band as it was easy to remove unlike the glue crazy Cuban bands, lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

7 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

1998 Punch Super Selection No.2
Extremely tasty except for some bitterness in the aftertaste , but it wasn't bad enough to ruin the experience, just a little disappointing.
Perfect burn, draw and construction

Hopefully the second one I have that was also generously gifted doesn't have the bitterness.

Wish these were still in production. I liked the dimensions of the vitola and think they would be pretty tasty even young.

Discontinued in 2002 though, so likely the 2 I have will be the only ones I ever get to smoke

I've only ever had one. It was very good. But I think they were unbanded and Corona Gorda vitola (same as Punch Punch). If this is a Coronas Grandes (Siglo III size) then it's a Super Selection No. 1.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

@Kaptain Karl

How are they with some age on them?
Have smoked a lot of recent production BBF's and they are one of my all time favorites, and definitely my favorite Bolivar.

What differences does the age make flavor and strength wise?

My palette wasn’t great last night, but I’d say more tannic, more earth and spice and less cream/sweetness as with a good more recent production BBF. It had a lot of strength to it as well. You could tell it’s a different tobacco strain than what they’re using today. I know some guys love that style, but personally my favorite BBF’s I’ve had were more recent production (2014-present). 

• Like 1