New Years Eve Plans? Which cigar will you choose?

54 minutes ago, GaryK 54 said:

Dinner with friends at… Il Ristorante - Niko Romito in the Bulgari Hotel Shanghai. Great menu planned with a nice line-up of Italian wines. As a special treat, one of our guests has sourced a bottle of 2015 Screaming Eagle Cab, Napa Valley for the steak course. This is a bucket list wine that I am anxious to taste. Cognac and cigars after dinner - Sir Winston 2016 from Rob and the Czar team (my one and only source of CC). 

I know next to nothing about wine, but one of our clients is a highly regarded restauranteur here and he was just telling me that a table of four bought the one bottle of Screaming Eagle he had in his cellar the other night...then he told me for how much. I was speechless. That is a unicorn. Enjoy it brother!

It’s crazy expensive. Probably less than 1000 cases produced each year. The 2015 is a great vintage but a little young yet. However, our guest who brings it insists on drinking it this NYE. I will absolutely enjoy, even if still a little tightly structured.  Best wishes to you and Happy Birthday. I passed 60 a few years ago… it’s only a number!

Edited by GaryK 54
Corrected the number of cases produced each year.
  • Thanks 1

I tested positive with my youngest son on the 25th after a long trip back home to Spain. So if we are clear on the 31st, which I am optimist we will, I will smoke the house down starting with a Lusitania and coming for the Sir Winni and Espléndidos right after.

On the brighter side of things, half the family has it and no one including the elders are struggling too much. 

• Like 4

I am going to smoke something from this year's Christmas sampler. Most likely a psp2 because I have a number of them resting in the humidor. But I keep looking at that Monte 1. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Puros Y Vino said:

Another stay at home NYE for us. We'll probably order something in. Most likely Portuguese chicken, bacalao and some sides.  If I have a bottle of Sparkling Shiraz left, it will be cracked open.  As for a cigar, weather permitting on New Years Day, I'll fire up a 2011 BHK56.

I'm gonna have to start calling you Joao....don't forget the natas and some port to go with your BHK! 

• Haha 1