From the CubanCigarWebsite mailbox

Received this one today that I thought might be a fun discussion topic for the forum... what should I do?

I am writing to you to make you aware that your website is being used by malicious individuals abroad who seek to eradicate the livelihoods of individuals like myself which rely on eBay to sell their collections off. Selling Havanas on eBay is very lucrative however due to the embargo and despite pre-revolution Havanas being legal in the U.S. eBay still goes after myself and many others. Now, how does this involve your website? When I had my 12 year old eBay account with 100% feedback rating shut down and I was banned from the website I called them, I pleaded and begged for them to overturn their decision. However it was final, they said I was selling embargoed goods i.e. a 'pre revolution box of Havanas' despite my efforts to keep the listing as inconspicuous as possible. They figured out their origin by utilizing your website which the representative mentioned to me using the website's entire name. 

I am suggesting that block your website in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan. With every eBay phone encounter I ever had they have been from this particular region. By blocking access to your website from the nations you are cutting them off from a vital tool that they use to ruin lucrative livelihoods on eBay.

• Haha 3

Inform the person that you have tried to block those regions, but they have too many IT people over in India/Pakistan/Bangladesh etc. They keep unblocking the website.Suggest that the person might want to stop selling tobacco on eBay... which is expressly forbidden per their listing rules.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATGroom said:

I am suggesting that block your website in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan.

Right, because there's no such thing as a VPN...

I think this fellow just provided his own response: 

2 hours ago, ATGroom said:

Now, how does this involve your website?

• Like 1

Delete it ..move along and think of it no more....Seriously why people post emails like this baffles me ...

Your work is invaluable ...even responding to this single minded &#ck wit ...in his mind ...would give him some credibility.

Glad you can have a little fun with it...?

22 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

I would add another section to the site - maybe a subsection of “Pests & Problems” - where you can share all such idiocy.

This. Eradicate folks like the guy who emailed you. 

18 hours ago, ATGroom said:

Received this one today that I thought might be a fun discussion topic for the forum... what should I do?

Surprised the Aussie government doesn’t block it to be honest. 

Like everyone said, forget the guy!

But on a different note ... that’s your website?!  I love that site and go there all the time.  Thanks for keeping it up!

• Like 1

That is a classic!  ?

But, it is nice to see that eBay is using the CCW as their authority.  ?

However I suspect that not too many of us would be using India, Bangladesh, or Pakistan as their primary source of Cuban cigars.  ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1