FOH: A Week In Pictures.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great wedding weekend! My dad turns 90 in July, my mum 85 this year. They danced away until closing time.  Ben and Hattie were magnificent. My youngest Brother Rick (left) went "to town

Had a good fall steelhead trip recently. Went 13 for 13 on steelhead in 2 and a half days. Excellent weather! The young angler James was successful as well!

Went to Cuba, smoked good cigars, ate good food, saw cool stuff.

52 minutes ago, griller said:

Dude this is YOUR world we just live in it!!! Seriously congrats on some great catches. What cigar did you light up to celebrate the moment??? Cuban Davidoff Dom Perignon from 1991 would be appropriate !

Hahaha thank you man!!! This is the trip I’ve been dreaming of for years, so pumped it worked out!!! We’re driving back from SD right now so I’ll definitely grab a celebratory stick tomorrow! 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Mike, your shipment has been delayed, but at least the container is on the water...

Maritime mystery: What became of 70 cargo containers that fell overboard  off NC? | Charlotte Observer

And that's why it is already fully insured!

On 6/5/2021 at 8:04 PM, SigmundChurchill said:

^^^What he said!

Thanks guys!  

Steve, great restaurant choices.  I didn't think you could top the first night's dinner, but then you did.

On 6/5/2021 at 4:42 PM, rcarlson said:

Great hang.

Thanks to the degenerate horde for all the killer sticks.

Steve, you magnificent bastard.  Thanks for hosting. 

Thanks for coming down, gents.  Great time had by all and hope to do it again! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chibearsv said:

My side of the family finally had a get together this weekend at our house for my 60th B-Day.  4 generation photo.  We had a great time finally gathering up for the first time in almost 18 months.

1170831486_FamilyPhoto.jpg.82cd16a5e27f9104dabeff7cc4e26109.jpg

Beautiful photo and family! Such a blessing to get everyone together in one place and one time.  Happy birthday to you! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chibearsv said:

My side of the family finally had a get together this weekend at our house for my 60th B-Day.  4 generation photo.  We had a great time finally gathering up for the first time in almost 18 months.

1170831486_FamilyPhoto.jpg.82cd16a5e27f9104dabeff7cc4e26109.jpg

Great family photo. Happy Birthday! 

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2021 at 9:34 PM, ReturnFreeRisk said:

First attempt at dry aging my steaks at home. Did a whole ribeye for 30 days. With the reduced moisture I had to carefully cook. Hardwood charcoal grilled, 500F, 4 mins each side indirect, about 1.5 min each side direct and they were medium-well. Great concentrated flavor, definite nutty undertone. Will do a whole strip loin next

25919ca24e5ed19de462824e2454a391.jpg

Good job on the trimming and certainly look dry aged.  What product did you use to dry age?  We are out of beef need to buy a NY Prime Strip at Costco.  I like to age the strips more than the rib.  I'll buy a 2 or 3 rib roast and age those as a single event, but the strip is like 15 steaks to cut when we want.

Good job on the trimming and certainly look dry aged.  What product did you use to dry age?  We are out of beef need to buy a NY Prime Strip at Costco.  I like to age the strips more than the rib.  I'll buy a 2 or 3 rib roast and age those as a single event, but the strip is like 15 steaks to cut when we want.

Thanks, and appreciate knowing the strip loin could go longer.

The breathable membrane bags I got are called UMAi. They are on Amazon. I don’t have a vacuum sealer and didn’t want to buy one for this single use instance so I took the whole cut and submerged in water to push about 95% of the air out before tying it off. Had to leave a bit of moisture on the meat so the bag wants to adhere under the water pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Crawfish boil with some guys from my softball team.  There was a friendly gator (probably because it's used to being fed) and a heated game of wiffle ball. 

IMG_0010.jpg.da7fa031d076bf4f15ca4679b387d6e0.jpg

Mmmm...reminds me of a crawfish boil some locals took me to in Thibodaux, Louisiana some 30 years ago. It remains one of the best meals I’ve ever experienced. The gator knows I’m right.

4 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Happy birthday brother! Hope you smoked something great.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ReturnFreeRisk said:

Thanks, and appreciate knowing the strip loin could go longer.

The breathable membrane bags I got are called UMAi. They are on Amazon. I don’t have a vacuum sealer and didn’t want to buy one for this single use instance so I took the whole cut and submerged in water to push about 95% of the air out before tying it off. Had to leave a bit of moisture on the meat so the bag wants to adhere under the water pressure

I use dryagebags.com which I assume is the same thing.  I do have a commercial vacuum sealer, but like you water idea!  The bags work best when the meat is really wet.  Not touching for a week after it is sealed. 

I use cello wrap on the cut end of the strip as I work it down.  Get the wrap clean to the meat and I also try to square the meat up before sealing.  The odd angled end ends up being a dog treat if the cut is not square before it dries.  Not that my dog minds.  She gets some of the dried pieces that are trimmed.

• Like 1

I use dryagebags.com which I assume is the same thing.  I do have a commercial vacuum sealer, but like you water idea!  The bags work best when the meat is really wet.  Not touching for a week after it is sealed. 
I use cello wrap on the cut end of the strip as I work it down.  Get the wrap clean to the meat and I also try to square the meat up before sealing.  The odd angled end ends up being a dog treat if the cut is not square before it dries.  Not that my dog minds.  She gets some of the dried pieces that are trimmed.

That’s so funny you give those pieces to the dog! That trim you see at the bottom of my pic was grilled firstly so I could taste test a bit and better judge cook time, but secondly was done as dog treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk