• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

If there was a poll conducted to seek out the most under-rated Montecristo cigar I wonder if the Montecristo No.1 would top it. I would think the top prize would go to the often neglected and unheralded coronas-sized Montecristo No.3, but I would hasten to add that the Lonsdale-sized Montecristo No.1 wouldn't be too far behind.

It's tough from a value perspective. A number 1 costs almost as much as a number 2 with almost 30% less weight. Number 3 costs more than the length increase over number 4 would suggest, at that point you might as well pay the bit more and get a number 2 or 1 (so you're probably right number 3 is the most overlooked for this reason). Of course there's also the issue that tons of number 4 are produced and the question of whether or not quality can be maintained...

The calculus may be different in Australia since you are taxed by weight, so the 1 is probably considerably cheaper than the 2, and so on.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bijan said:

It's tough from a value perspective. A number 1 costs almost as much as a number 2 with almost 30% less weight. Number 3 costs more than the length increase over number 4 would suggest, at that point you might as well pay the bit more and get a number 2 or 1 (so you're probably right number 3 is the most overlooked for this reason). Of course there's also the issue that tons of number 4 are produced and the question of whether or not quality can be maintained...

Yes, well said! ?

27 minutes ago, Bijan said:

The calculus may be different in Australia since you are taxed by weight, so the 1 is probably considerably cheaper than the 2, and so on.

For the Australian market that's correct.

15 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

A beautiful place to catch no fish today!

cigar in one hand, flyrod in the other, no fish. Sounds alot like my weekend too! ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awk6898 said:

Afternoon coffee break. PLPC, LEP-NOV-16

How have these evolved so far?  I have a LEP DEC-16 box that I have not touched yet.

• Like 1

How have these evolved so far?  I have a LEP DEC-16 box that I have not touched yet.
I'd say crack into them and give one or two a shot. I've had maybe 8 from this box and they're all smoking well. They haven't entirely smoothed out yet, but the 'caramel' that everyone talks about is slowly coming out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1