Monte 2s—Always Plugged


Recommended Posts

Is there another cigar that is more consistently plugged than a Monte 2? I try the massage method/perfect draw, you name it—but it seems at least 40% of my Monte 2s are plugged— an issue I don’t have with any other cigar.

 

Does this happen to anyone else? I keep wondering if I’m getting stems like others on this forum.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

2s are good for me. 

I am wrestling with a problematic cab of PLPC currently. Frustrating. :rolleyes:

I had one box of P 898's from '14 or '15. EVERY stick was plugged. Every one. I invented the poor man's perfect draw in response. I have not sought them since...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Dwamon said:

 

Is there another cigar that is more consistently plugged than a Monte 2? I try the massage method/perfect draw, you name it—but it seems at least 40% of my Monte 2s are plugged— an issue I don’t have with any other cigar.

 

Does this happen to anyone else? I keep wondering if I’m getting stems like others on this forum.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Considering they are now $525.00/box I would re-think buying them. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Monte 2, no real problem for me. RyJ Churchill is my nemesis. One of my absolute favorite cigars but way too many tent stakes. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I had one box of P 898's from '14 or '15. EVERY stick was plugged. Every one. I invented the poor man's perfect draw in response. I have not sought them since...

'13 Hoyo Du Gourmet for me. Bought 3 boxes, 1 box, all but 1 cigar was fully plugged, 2nd box was 50/50 and the other box was 'ok' with only a few plugged. They were a regular smoke until then, after I started opting for the Du Prince and Du Depute.  

In the end, I think that '13/14 run was the last we saw of the Du Gourmet. That experience lessened the blow.

In regards to Monte 2's. I find most Pyramids/Belicosos to smoke well, if anything they tend to be more underfilled than plugged. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't get this with Monte 2 very often but I've had three boxes of Monte 1 and the majority of them have been plugged. I also experience this a lot with the Montecristo Especiales No. 2 and Portages 898 - these are the ones that seem to have the highest plug rate. Annoying as they certainly aren't the cheapest!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Monte 2, no real problem for me. RyJ Churchill is my nemesis. One of my absolute favorite cigars but way too many tent stakes. 

This. I've had 4 boxes of problems but I keep buying them for the unicorn that they can be

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Dwamon said:

 

Is there another cigar that is more consistently plugged than a Monte 2? I try the massage method/perfect draw, you name it—but it seems at least 40% of my Monte 2s are plugged— an issue I don’t have with any other cigar.

 

Does this happen to anyone else? I keep wondering if I’m getting stems like others on this forum.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

What RH are you storing at (& smoking) at?   Chances are it's way too high...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 6:27 PM, stevenhaugen said:

Don't get this with Monte 2 very often but I've had three boxes of Monte 1 and the majority of them have been plugged. I also experience this a lot with the Montecristo Especiales No. 2 and Portages 898 - these are the ones that seem to have the highest plug rate. Annoying as they certainly aren't the cheapest!

Agreed - have box of Monte 1 that just can’t take it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Monte 2s have been fine, and I smoke ALOT of M2s.  

My current war is with Trinidad Coloniales.  2 boxes in a row of absolutely gorgeous boxes, Colorado maduro with sheen wrappers and I can’t even get my perfecdraw to penetrate.  Unsmokable.

Also got a box of fireproof HDM DCs that I might as well toss in the garbage.  Another common stick I seem to have strange issues with a lot.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chance and luck apply to all cigars but I find with piramides giving up on the "Instagram" look of the cigar and chopping off an extra eighth or quarter of an inch can make all the difference.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.