RIP Habana Mike/ Mike Lindsey

I didn’t know Mike, but all the wonderful things written here on this thread makes me realize how fortunate you all are for having him as part of your life. All death is a loss for our world, but especially for the family. I personally have lost 4 family members in the last 9 months, and I know how big that empty space is. I pray that his wife and family will make it through this very difficult time. They will be in my prayers.

• Like 4

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be gutting to all. What a tragic year.  Mike had a fatal accident at home yesterday. He has passed away.  Wow. Where do you  go with this news. Condolences and mucho hugs  to wife

Dana and I are devastated. Mike was our friend, travel companion and my cigar mentor. He taught me so much and alway made sure to introduce me to everyone and to make sure we were included as Mike was

I’m so sorry to hear this. I was fortunate to meet Mike a few years back for a box pass exchange. I thoroughly enjoyed our chat and his comments on the forum. He will be missed. Thoughts and best wishes go out to Kelly and his family. 

I just noticed that he created the "no time like the present" thread on March 16, 2020, obviously, exactly two years from the day after he passed from this life.  It gave me the chills reading and realizing that his words were so prophetic.

I never met Mike, I might have interacted with him digitially in some way, but I always looked up to him as a legend.  It is nice to know he truly was such a thing.  As he has been described, he was the type of person I strive to be and honestly so often fail at even coming close.

RIP Mike!!  Thanks for setting an example for those of us who hope to carry your banner of civility and true zest for living life and enjoying cigars.

• Like 4

Jesus what a gutshot. I'm relatively new and only lightly active in this community and it's always been so apparent what a magnanimous figure he was. I guess I'd had this odd sense of anticipation that I would one day get to know or be friends with him. Alas. What a loss. 

• Like 3

My deepest condolences to Mikes friends and family. I didn’t know Mike personally, but based on my limited interactions and reading many of his posts, it was obvious that he was one of those great people that gives much more to the world than they take out of it. 

Condolences to Kelly and our cigar community. Mike is my only registered friend on my page, and not sure why, other than he is is the nicest, coolest and friendliest old member. We have traded and chatted for years. Take care brother and FOH truly will love and miss you🥰

• Like 2

Mike was just full of life and love. Accepting of anyone and open minded to any conversation. A jokester at any opportunity. I was supposed to go to Savannah, to a conference, in February and was going to meet up with him on my way back home. I am  now in tears that I backed out. Bless you Mike. Best wishes and prayers to him and his family.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, madandana said:

Dana and I are devastated. Mike was our friend, travel companion and my cigar mentor. He taught me so much and alway made sure to introduce me to everyone and to make sure we were included as Mike was tight with Almost every one in the cigar world.

We met him in 2014 on the Cuba trip and bonded immediately. Later when we met Kelly it was like we had been friends forever..We just clicked.

Since then there we many more Cuba trips with the 4 of us, Italy, fishing with Corylax18 in Cuba. So many great times.

Whenever I open Photos on my IPad my favorite picture of Mike pops up first. I didn’t plan that but I’m glad it does and now will be even more special.

RIP BROTHER.

A9168C8E-7DDB-45D4-A4A1-7857F17A28D3.jpeg.7123114a477e5fb053de0c241eafafe0.jpeg

68A3CCFB-1B51-419E-9534-AC1069C47EB1.jpeg.3d13fae9f956c8ccac56be5f6a5d0c23.jpeg

5B7D1FC2-4AC2-4636-BBF9-ECBF152BF22A.jpeg.6395d6363ecf9fcad8a1ada52fde770a.jpeg

Well said pal, well said....

• Like 3

OMG! 

Never met Mike, but somehow felt like I knew him and connected in some way. Will definitely miss his presence. 

Condolences to his wife and family. May he rest in peace. 

• Like 1

May his memory always be a blessing. I know it will be for me. 
I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person but we shared many sticks via zoom during the heart of the pandemic. He was always willing to share his vast knowledge of the hobby we all love.  I also frankly really enjoyed just talking w him and taking some lesson in his joie de Vivre. 
I’m outside a hotel in ponte vedra beach currently. I’m down here as a family member just entered hospice. My wife suggested I reach out to “one of your nearby pretend cigar buddies” for a stick. I signed on to DM MIke to see if he was around this weekend. She appreciates this community much like Kelly does. Kelly’s loss is ours as well. 
I will finish this coloniales thinking of him, as I likely will whenever I smoke them in the future. 

• Like 3