your three and out......."s"

:cigar:

I have some moola :dollarsign:  on this one. :wink2:

Cuban Cigars that you have smoked and have no doubt about provenance

• You must have smoked at least three of them 
  • You must have smoked from  three different boxes/sources over the years. 

...and you can't figure for your life what people see in them :dunce:

List them up. I will post up the bet on the weekend. ;)

• Like 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Montecristo Double Edmundo. It's like all the goodness in Montecristo was extracted and replaced with a neutral cardboard flavor. Really the only Cuban I've ever smoked repeatedly that I have zer

Just about everything Partagas (especially D4/D6/E2/P2) Just about everything Bolivar (well, ok everything) Everything Juan Lopez   It's a very safe bet that if Prez likes it, I do

Partagas.  

I have tried, many times, but, just like with Gin & Tonic, I cant figure what people enjoy.  

• Like 2

Easy to know the bet on this.  That eventually ever cigar will be named.  Your 66%/33% rule.

For me, like Kitchen, Partagas.  Except the Luthy.  But to be specific,

PARTAGAS E2 

POR LARRAÑAGA MONTECARLO

PARTAGAS SERIE D4

Special mention to the worst cuban cigar of all time, the Sancho Panza Non-Plus.  Not on my list as it is discontinued.  Just worth noting as it really is that bad and proof that once in a while, Cuba cancels a cigar that should be canceled.

• Like 2

1) Until 2019, RASS. Not that I love 19+ examples but at least recent ones have been at least what I would call not bad. 

2) BRC. Until 1999, my favorite cigar. Now it is just like light cocoa powder air. No substance. Again, haven't had any 20 or 21s.

3) Monte Edmundo. The BRC of Monte. Bland. Light. No substance. Just had some 21s that seem to be stronger but not really richer or more flavorful. 

• Like 1

As a vitola, it’s RASS for me. I have literally smoked through nearly 3 boxes, so it’s not like I didn’t try. Not a flavor profile for me.

As a Marca, it's La Gloria Cubana, and I know I’ve smoked some good examples. But they’ve all had an element of bubble gum, or fruitiness, that seems out of place with the rest of the profile.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, inter4alia said:

Hoyo Epi 2

PSD4 

RASS 

I would have agreed on both RASS and D4 a year ago but my latest annual dip into the 2018 RASS box showed me a light. It’s getting better. D4 from the blind taste test was by far the best I’ve had and gave me the “I get it” moment.  I’m really starting to understand the love for both. 

For me, VR hasn’t done it for me yet. Haven’t had one that didn’t completely bore me so far. 

• Like 2

I know I sound crazy, and I’ve not had all that many (but certainly three from different sources) - but Trinidad. Everyone loves them, but to me, they’re like a bad Connecticut. Maybe they weren’t old enough, or maybe it was just unlucky sticks, but I don’t see it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, benfica_77 said:

Punch Punch.....Punch overall doesn't do it for me. 

Also RyJ Churchills no bueno for me. 

almost took the words out of my mouth!

PP and the short de punch for me too - but Punch 48 and 898 are both to my liking. 

Not the biggest fan but I am ok with the churchills, however I simply cannot do the wide churchilles

Any EL I’ve ever tried. More for y’all…or certainly the ‘BR’ crew (although a solid investment strategy - buy any EL at retail & hold for 10 years then poof, nice few boxes from your ROI). 

And Bolivar. 

Guess chocolate and earth just aren’t my thing. 

• Like 2

Hmm. RASS? But then… I had one once that blew me away…

QdO54? I hate the vitola… except when it’s an E2, in which case I love it. But all the QdO 54s I’ve had come across as rather monotonous. 

Of course, I’m reading everyone else’s suggestions and thinking “no way!”

10 hours ago, Monterey said:

Special mention to the worst cuban cigar of all time, the Sancho Panza Non-Plus.  Not on my list as it is discontinued.  Just worth noting as it really is that bad and proof that once in a while, Cuba cancels a cigar that should be canceled.

This is a shame, I completely respect your opinion, and no doubt the ratio of quality of Non-Plus  was probably.  20% terrible 40% poor 30% good, and only 10% wonderful. 

All that said, when good they were like mini-Molino's and that is a great thing to be. 

Yes they deserve the crap they get for terrible consistency, but if we were to judge every PC by the best box they could put forward,  I think the Non-Plus would fight it's corner valiantly. 

Gladly I have some lovely boxes, but I do respect they are like a tiny needle in a huge haystack of crap. 

• Like 1