your three and out......."s"

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Montecristo Double Edmundo. It's like all the goodness in Montecristo was extracted and replaced with a neutral cardboard flavor. Really the only Cuban I've ever smoked repeatedly that I have zer

Just about everything Partagas (especially D4/D6/E2/P2) Just about everything Bolivar (well, ok everything) Everything Juan Lopez   It's a very safe bet that if Prez likes it, I do

Monte 2.  Never bought a box but over the years I've grabbed a single here, a fiver there, etc.  I've smoked a couple of MGR's.  One legit, one fake. Both were probably the best examples of an M2 I've ever had with the legit one being better. 

Runner up RASS.  Have had many from different boxes.  The only ones that stood out are some I had from 2009(dress box) and my 50 cab of 2011's.  I've had many from 2012/13/15/18.  The "rest for 5 years" rule really rings true with these. RASCC typically blows RASS out of the water for me, even fresh.

• Like 2

RyJ Wide Churchill: I keep revisiting them from time to time but they've all been forgettable. Even a beautiful looking rosado example with a lovely sheen didn't impress.

Magnum 54: I smoked a few on release in Cuba and found them to be bland and un-Upmann like. Again, have sampled a number since and nothing has changed my mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doctorossi said:

ERDM Choix Supreme - just dishwater dull for me

I haven't been able to try that, but I got a couple singles of some ERDM Andorra regional that was exactly as you described.

Fonseca #1--I admit to not meeting the threshold requirement here. I tried them twice from separate codes and that was enough.

RG PC--Lots of people love them; I pitched every one I've tried.

RASS--An odd, strange profile that I just can't get into.

Mag 50--has anyone ever seen an ugly Mag 50? Me neither. I'm always seduced by their beauty but it is only skin deep.

QdO 50--Another strange one; just an unpleasant flavor profile for me, unlike the Coronas and the 54.

• Like 2

Just about everything Partagas (especially D4/D6/E2/P2)

Just about everything Bolivar (well, ok everything)

Everything Juan Lopez

It's a very safe bet that if Prez likes it, I don't. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3

Partagas E2, beyond a doubt. My shopkeep over in Tampa cigar says if they only made 1 cigar in the world, it should be the E2. We agree on virtually everything else cigar. I get the 5 packs for him and trade for buckets of beer.

10 hours ago, foursite12 said:

QdO 50--Another strange one; just an unpleasant flavor profile for me, unlike the Coronas and the 54.

I find no redeeming qualities in the QdO 50.

PSD4 for sure, also RASS. I’d also say Trinidad in general. Have smoked many good Trinidad but not super wowed. The La Trova especially, eh! Alot of people with smarter palates than mine would disagree on that! Good thing people have different tastes!

• Like 1

I think you just asked for one that's been smoked at least 3 times.

After a list of most marcas and vitolas above I am surprised Cohiba hasn't come up as it does get bagged on quite a bit in regard to getting it or not.

SLR rarely does it for me.

Well, except those Lonsdales from the 50 cab. Occasionally a DC.

• Like 2

I’m sure I’ll get grief over this, but…

Cohiba

Cohiba

and, Cohiba

I’ve tried Espys, CoRo, Sig 1, 2, and 6 many times since late 90’s. I’ve had a couple that were bitter after 1st third, but mostly just plain jane on my palette. Hard to justify the $, but I still try them from time to time. Last year bought 2 boxes on 24:24 of Sig 2, El Laguito MAR Nov20, and hope to find something special in those. 🤞

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cgoodrich said:

I’m sure I’ll get grief over this, but…

Cohiba

Cohiba

and, Cohiba

I’ve tried Espys, CoRo, Sig 1, 2, and 6 many times since late 90’s. I’ve had a couple that were bitter after 1st third, but mostly just plain jane on my palette. Hard to justify the $, but I still try them from time to time. Last year bought 2 boxes on 24:24 of Sig 2, El Laguito MAR Nov20, and hope to find something special in those. 🤞

I'm kinda jealous. 

wish my palate didn't crave Cohiba. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

I'm kinda jealous. 

wish my palate didn't crave Cohiba. 

Don’t be, it’s only money and you can’t take it with you in the end. I wish it was “wow” to me so it could be that “special event” cigar. I’m a Monte man in the end.

• Like 1