your three and out......."s"

8 hours ago, Lord Verulam said:

French press emoji1785.pngemoji1785.pngemoji1785.pngemoji1785.pngemoji1785.png

Sorry I know we’re talking about cigars here But I couldn’t help myself ….nothing is muddier and lacking of clarity than a French press

If made improperly I suppose. 

• Like 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Montecristo Double Edmundo. It's like all the goodness in Montecristo was extracted and replaced with a neutral cardboard flavor. Really the only Cuban I've ever smoked repeatedly that I have zer

Just about everything Partagas (especially D4/D6/E2/P2) Just about everything Bolivar (well, ok everything) Everything Juan Lopez   It's a very safe bet that if Prez likes it, I do

8 hours ago, Lord Verulam said:

French press emoji1785.pngemoji1785.pngemoji1785.pngemoji1785.pngemoji1785.png

Sorry I kno we’re talking about cigars here But I couldn’t help myself ….nothing is muddier and lacking of clarity than a French press

I find having the coffee well ground to a coarser grind but without any dust or smaller grit makes a big difference.

But 🤢🤢🤢 for me on light/medium roast, would rather add orange juice to my coffee 🤣

• Like 1

I think all 26 of the the top FOH top 26 2021  have been listed. :D

In our polls, the highest rating of any cigar to the question of "you get it"  "you don't get it" was 75%. 

Even the most popular of cigars will have 1 in 4 detractors. 

You have to love this hobby :spotlight:

• Like 3

On 2/9/2022 at 4:34 PM, El Presidente said:

I have some moola :dollarsign:  on this one. :wink2:

List them up. I will post up the bet on the weekend. ;)

Did you win or blow the dust outta your wallet? 😉

7 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

In our polls, the highest rating of any cigar to the question of "you get it"  "you don't get it" was 75%. 

Even the most popular of cigars will have 1 in 4 detractors. 

You have to love this hobby :spotlight:

Where there is love, there is invariably also hate. That's the best part of the hobby though--we all find what we like and don't. Not liking something (or dare we actually like something) doesn't impugn your character, it just helps those who tend to enjoy what you do in a cigar know which tasting notes to reference. 

This hobby really is fun. 

7 hours ago, Lord Verulam said:

Mind pming me your recipe?

I know this is off topic but might as well throw it in here for all.

Full disclosure: I drink tea much more than coffee. But when I do drink coffee it’s FP and I basically use a technique from James Hoffman - video description here. It results in much less silt, though there will always be some with FP. I just pass on that last sip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jonahs_whale said:

I think it'd be interesting see people's Top 3 and bottom 3 and see if there are certain trends and commonalities between what people like vs. dislike. A more curated guide through to discover what you'd like

That'd be a fun experiment. 

I'd also say a "if you like this, then try this" thread would be fun. To see if, for example, the pro-RASS group flocks to similar things, and same with the Anti-RASS. Triangulate some of the flavor profiles that people seem to enjoy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jakebarnes said:

That'd be a fun experiment. 

I'd also say a "if you like this, then try this" thread would be fun. To see if, for example, the pro-RASS group flocks to similar things, and same with the Anti-RASS. Triangulate some of the flavor profiles that people seem to enjoy.

Is there really a pro-RASS group though?

Isn't it more like a hate-RASS group and a don’t-hate-RASS group?

🤪🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Is there really a pro-RASS group though?

Isn't it more like a hate-RASS group and a don’t-hate-RASS group?

🤪🤣

I thought it was the "RASSle Dazzles" and the "tastes like rASS" groups. Somehow that feels like two groups fighting in West Side Story or something.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, jakebarnes said:

My guess is that we'd end up with "If you like cigars, try everyone one possible" hahaha

• Like 1

*The Sancho Panza Belicoso.  Have tried numerous times through the years, different boxes. Bland and tasteless, with no mellowing effect for itself whatsoever.  Have about 3 left from past years in my Daniel Marshall humidor. :thumbsdwn:

RASS - for about 15min I love them, then they fall off a cliff.

QdO 50 - I have brown paper bags. I could've saved a lot of money if I smoked them instead, and would have experienced comparable flavor.

Cohiba Siglo I/II - have had exactly one of each that was Earth shatteringly grand. Have had exactly everything else that was Earth shitteringly awful.

I don't think I have seen a Diplomaticos mentioned in the worst 3 and no Diplomaticos made it to the Top 26 of 2021 so a philosophical question arises (I think). Does this mean that Diplomaticos are the Zelig of the cigar world or that they are simply universally thought to be middle-of-the-road?

10 minutes ago, Fsonicsmith said:

I don't think I have seen a Diplomaticos mentioned in the worst 3 and no Diplomaticos made it to the Top 26 of 2021 so a philosophical question arises (I think). Does this mean that Diplomaticos are the Zelig of the cigar world or that they are simply universally thought to be middle-of-the-road?

In the case of the Dip 2 we barely saw enough of them in 2021. What we did see was significantly behind the P2/ Monte 2/ Upmann 2 in average quality.