your three and out......."s"

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Montecristo Double Edmundo. It's like all the goodness in Montecristo was extracted and replaced with a neutral cardboard flavor. Really the only Cuban I've ever smoked repeatedly that I have zer

Just about everything Partagas (especially D4/D6/E2/P2) Just about everything Bolivar (well, ok everything) Everything Juan Lopez   It's a very safe bet that if Prez likes it, I do

5 minutes ago, MrBirdman said:

Love Trini, don’t get the ML or the Esmeralda.

Love Monte, except for the No.2

Love Cohiba, never been much impressed with CoRo.

No2 and i HATED each other until this past year. I finally found a box that spoke to me so I feel your pain. 

Cheers

• Like 1

Before this last two years of regular production never thought highly of Punch Punch.  Picked up a box of ‘21 Punch  and was pleasantly surprised.   Same for ERDM Choix Supremes.  Again picked up a ‘21 box that made me quit looking for Cohiba’s.  

• Like 1

RyJ Short Churchills, QdO50, CoRo box I have hasn't done much for me either.

I would have put PS D4 (Until the X-Mas sampler and now have a box of PSP inbound and fingers crossed they are comparable)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Verulam said:

I’m surprised to see so many ppl say E2…..I honestly think it’s damn near a perfect cigar blend

For me …

- Rascc….diagusting
- Almost anything monte except for the occasional Edmundo
- Rass
- bbf…often taste very NC like to me
- almost anything upmann…especially the mag 50
- any Cuban Maduro
- siglo I and II …..any other siglo is good with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol that's like every cigar!

• Like 3

On 2/11/2022 at 11:43 AM, MrBirdman said:
Love Trini, don’t get the ML or the Esmeralda.
Love Monte, except for the No.2
Love Cohiba, never been much impressed with CoRo.

Very interesting

Monte DE pure cardboard as someone mentioned.
JLS2. I think Cuba finds the worst/ugliest wrappers and says yep, this is JL. Have tried many and would love to see one even remotely make me say, this ain’t bad. Maybe they need to be the painted black maduro ones

On 2/10/2022 at 11:47 AM, Monterey said:

Special mention to the worst cuban cigar of all time, the Sancho Panza Non-Plus.  Not on my list as it is discontinued.  Just worth noting as it really is that bad and proof that once in a while, Cuba cancels a cigar that should be canceled.

Can't say the 3 I smoked were from different boxes for sure but I agree with this.

I'm surprised Cuaba hasn't come up much. One of the few Marcas I don't own a box. Don't like vegueros either. Haven't had many Cohiba maduros but not crazy about them.

Haven't had the best luck with Vegas Robaina either but I've had a few good ones, that make me want to try some more.

Sancho Panzo non plus as I said before.

Other than that I don't think there's a long filler CC I haven't enjoyed a single example of. (I've had RASS I enjoyed, have had good Double Edmundos, etc.). (Gave one of those double edmundos to a friend and he said it was one of the best cigars he's ever had).

Though Fonseca and Hoyo Palmas extra tend to fall in the yard gar category for me. Still enjoy them at the price point.

Yet to have a short filler (other than the mini, club, short, chicas, etc.) that I've enjoyed.

On 2/12/2022 at 3:47 PM, havanaclub said:

JLS2. I think Cuba finds the worst/ugliest wrappers and says yep, this is JL. Have tried many and would love to see one even remotely make me say, this ain’t bad. Maybe they need to be the painted black maduro ones emoji848.png

I have one solid DE left. And some decent JL1 and JL2. I can hook you up when we make that trade 😊

• Like 4

Fonseca. Just don’t get the blend - little to no transitions for me, just straight on tobacco throughout the entire smoke. It’s not bad, just not what I love about other Cuban cigars.

I’ve tried to enjoy the No. 1. So many people on this Forum chase it, but I haven’t found what others love about it yet. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, havanaclub said:

I saw that and smoked a 2015 DE today because my experience hadn’t been that. It’s the best cigar I’ve smoked in 2022. Granted I’ve only smoked a half dozen DE and all have come from one box so I may have just gotten lucky. It had almost no flavor progression though. Basically just tasted of coffee - but not your usual Monte coffee. World-class coffee. Natural light-medium roast from South America. French press. Black. Divine. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Very interesting

JLS2. I think Cuba finds the worst/ugliest wrappers and says yep, this is JL. Have tried many and would love to see one even remotely make me say, this ain’t bad. Maybe they need to be the painted black maduro ones emoji848.png

Agree on the Monty DE.

The Edmundo is the class leader of the 3.  The PE is the power one of the bunch, and quite good.  Then, from what I can tell, the left over tobacco that didn't make the cut for those 2 end up in the DE.  Just a boring cigar, and I've had numerous ones,

• Like 1

RASS.  Every 4 or 5 years I buy a box, because I forget how much I disliked them last time.  

I usually end up giving most of the box away.

Also, almost all minutos I have ever smoked.  I like small/med ring gauges in a longer cigar, and I like short cigars with big ring gauges, but I any time I smoke a short cigar with a small-medium ring gauge, I don't like the flavor.  

Yes, that even goes for Cohibas.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

Surprised at all the RASS hate

Me too. Aged 3 years, hard to beat. I buy them by the 50 cab. Which is, IMHO, the best packaging for any Cuban. RASS are always in my daily rotation. The ‘20 and ‘21 are simply outstanding. Never better. 

Just goes to prove Rob’s percentages on like/dislike. That’s also the beauty of CC, so many different blends and flavor profile… something for every taste!

• Like 3

I started reading this thread with interest. By the end of page 1 I'm scrolling through thinking of this a massive consistency problem!

Have you smoked from the same box with someone together and had completely diametrically opposed opinions? Have you then tried passing the peace pipe and tried each others cigar? (Blasphemy i know...)

And you are not describing things the same way they are described in 2424! 🤣

I've had my fix of off cigars. But over the years it's not .. consistent.

• Like 2

That cigar is the BBF for me. Prior to 2010 every example I tried seemed to be extremely woody in flavor. Full flavored, and it was just all wood. Also those examples were all full strength too, so even it was my first cigar of the day, I wasn’t smoking another cigar.

I hadn’t tried BBF in years and then in 2019 I got one in a trade and tried again. I was clear the blend was dialed wayyyy back. This time it was like nothing was there, smoking air. I had a similar experience with the BBF in the blind tasting comp. It was tough to pick out any flavor and they were all very light, sea salt, vanilla, and very light woody notes. This one would be a nice change of pace cigar, but nothing box worthy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 7:22 PM, Texwrangler said:

Before this last two years of regular production never thought highly of Punch Punch.  Picked up a box of ‘21 Punch  and was pleasantly surprised.   Same for ERDM Choix Supremes.  Again picked up a ‘21 box that made me quit looking for Cohiba’s.  

ERDM CS are quite great, at least the ones I have had. ERDM is so solid and the profile is wonderful. 2002 ERDM Lonsdale is up there with LGC Medialle D'Or #1 as all time favorites.

My 3 "meh" from when I had them:

Robaina Unicos. There was promise on the ones I had, but the quality was so inconsistent. And overfilled. Wasn't worth it for me, especially when SCdlH Puntas were so damn good at the time. 

Sancho Panza Nonplus. Been covered a lot. Nothing great, weird salt thing going on. Good riddance.

Monte D EL. I had high hopes, but this one almost scared me away from EL offerings. Super ordinary. Really nothing like Monte offerings I'd had before, thanks to the wrapper. Lost all of the richness that'd I'd grown accustomed to in Monte 4s, which were a gateway drug for me. Just meh. Was mad I'd bought the box.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lord Verulam said:

How are those hoyo palmas btw? Are they short filler

Long filler I think, but to me very similar to Fonseca and not typical Hoyo flavours.

They seem to be pretty well received on the forum in terms of cheap and cheerfuls from what I could see of past discussions though.

Edit: I'll try to revisit one soon.