Covid Vaccine. Your plans?

Covid Vaccine  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Once the Covid Vaccine is available, when do you plan to receive it?

• Immediately once I’m selected.
    • Wait a month and let others who need it go first.
    • Wait 3 to 6 months and see the data.
    • Never, this rushed vaccine has too much potential detriment

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2021 at 05:59 AM

12/11 Sign ups are already happening at the hospital. When would you get it?

edit:

12/15

5D21A718-F45D-459D-B704-66B222E49593.jpeg.3badcce91a5e358996cc5f010ad1f709.jpeg

Welllllllllllll............looks like we won the guinea pig lottery. We both will get the jab tomorrow morning. Wish us luck.

We will report back after and the following few days.

Let’s hope it’s not a Shirley Jackson type Lottery we’ve won. Gonna be some serious Scrooge McDucking swimming through Cuba’s Habanos soon.

Hell, PM us and stone us to death with Cubans....?? 

• Like 1

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cigar smokers talking about adverse health results of a vaccine ....  Only in 2020.  Can't wait for this dumpster fire of a year to be over. 

I was vaccinated today.  No issues with me, or anyone else at my hospital who has been vaccinated.    

In a key sense, this is absolutely true: prevention and treatment are fundamentally different approaches to managing an epidemic. Invariably both are used whenever possible (e.g. STD's). A vaccine is

I would certainly get vaccinated as soon as it was available for me.  The only caveat to that would be that I hope everyone at higher risk than me would have been vaccinated first.  I'd hate to think that someone over 70, or front line healthcare workers, or care facility workers, or, or, or, etc. wouldn't all have first crack at the vaccine before me.  I've been able to steer clear and stay safe so far, I should be able to stay safe for another 6 months or more if necessary.

• Like 4

I think by the time it get's to me in the States England will have quite a bit of data about efficacy and side effects. So I'll get in line ASAP. There are some serious research scientists/doctors here in the summer community I live in. I'm close to Boston and the big medical centers. I've spoken to a few and the anecdotal consensus is that the world wide cooperation and lack of profiteering for this vaccine has been fantastic. 

• Like 3

I would ordinarily pass, but it's probably going to be practically necessary for travel. I don't want to find myself quarantined if an outbreak occurs wherever I may happen to be. 

Otherwise, I'm in a low-risk group with little to no exposure to high-risk people so why would I take it? I would also recommend people get antibody tests to see if they've already had it before getting vaccinated.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monterey said:

I like the people who think they are trying to chip us/lojack us.  They write up their conspiracies while on their phone THAT CURRENT LO JACKS YOU! 

Why bother lo jacking half the population when nearly 100% of people do it themselves with their phones. 

Rant over.

i would imagine because you can leave the phone at home

• Like 1

I got the anti-body test and unfortunately have have not had Covid (though I had it when travelling in January) - I will get the vaccine at work, but have been advised to expect wide-spread Covid-like symptoms immediately after taking the vaccine. I also understand the Covid strain may chance year-to-year so this may end up turning out to be an annual thing. 

• Like 1

I am not terribly concerned about the reported side effects now and will probably be more at ease by the time the vaccine is available to me. My guess is that won't be until late 2021.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I would ordinarily pass, but it's probably going to be practically necessary for travel. I don't want to find myself quarantined if an outbreak occurs wherever I may happen to be. 

Otherwise, I'm in a low-risk group with little to no exposure to high-risk people so why would I take it? I would also recommend people get antibody tests to see if they've already had it before getting vaccinated.  

Exactly my thoughts! I'll take it if it grants some type of travel passport but otherwise I'm in the low risk group anyway