Covid Vaccine. Your plans?

Covid Vaccine  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Once the Covid Vaccine is available, when do you plan to receive it?

• Immediately once I’m selected.
    • Wait a month and let others who need it go first.
    • Wait 3 to 6 months and see the data.
    • Never, this rushed vaccine has too much potential detriment

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2021 at 05:59 AM

I am an ICU RN, and I will only get it if it grants be travel ability.....otherwise I am no risk of problems even if I get COVID and work around positive patients 40+ hrs a week since it started and haven't gotten it yet (at least not bad enough to know).

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cigar smokers talking about adverse health results of a vaccine ....  Only in 2020.  Can't wait for this dumpster fire of a year to be over. 

I was vaccinated today.  No issues with me, or anyone else at my hospital who has been vaccinated.    

In a key sense, this is absolutely true: prevention and treatment are fundamentally different approaches to managing an epidemic. Invariably both are used whenever possible (e.g. STD's). A vaccine is

Given the news on new strains coming out, looks like this maybe another flu kinda thing?  It was reported the Bmore Ravens alone had at least 4 different strains that contributed to the delayed games!  If that's the case, eradicating maybe wishful thinking.  I'll definitely be more interested in a good treatment vs a vaccine.

Given the news on new strains coming out, looks like this maybe another flu kinda thing?  It was reported the Bmore Ravens alone had at least 4 different strains that contributed to the delayed games!  If that's the case, eradicating maybe wishful thinking.  I'll definitely be more interested in a good treatment vs a vaccine.

The virus has mutated at a very slow pace and when it does mutate, the new copies aren’t far off from the original virus.

The mutations also doesn't mean the vaccine can't eradicate the disease. Measles mutates just as fast as flu and coronavirus, but the measles vaccine from 1950 still works today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I can not understand the fact that they vaccinated UK old people just to find the fact that people with allergies should not take it ?!?!?!?!?

What they test during so called third phase if they do not tested allergies reactions? First thing that a medical stuff ask you before applying yours medicament

is: Do you have some allergies?

How they approved a new vaccine without testing it on allergies?

I’m low risk so I’ll be altruistic and volunteer to let everyone else take the vaccine before I take it never. 

Brand new type of vaccine. Completely unknown side effects. They don’t even claim 50% effectiveness for flu shots, only a fool would believe the 95% effectiveness claims for this vaccine.  But then again, people will believe literally anything their government tells them without a second thought as long as they instill enough fear in the people first. 

There’s a much bigger agenda behind it, as people like Bill Gates have repeatedly told us openly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grateful13 said:

I’m low risk so I’ll be altruistic and volunteer to let everyone else take the vaccine before I take it never. 

Brand new type of vaccine. Completely unknown side effects. They don’t even claim 50% effectiveness for flu shots, only a fool would believe the 95% effectiveness claims for this vaccine.  But then again, people will believe literally anything their government tells them without a second thought as long as they instill enough fear in the people first. 

There’s a much bigger agenda behind it, as people like Bill Gates have repeatedly told us openly. 

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4716

Very wise at this juncture.

The question remains is what will happen if too many of the population refuse to get the vaccine? They say at least 70% must receive it for herd immunity to be effective. Will governments, employers, and schools start mandating the vaccine if too many refuse? What if airlines, cruise ships, trains and such require proof of the vaccine in order to "ride"? What are you going to do? 

1 hour ago, potpest said:
You probably don't roll the dice with ibuprofen either then:

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

Let us help the at risk populations be first..Then why is the CDC already front running with these messages, cute little nuggets that get buried in reports no one ever sees

And “Warp speed” = Cutter incident to me

5ef112af975931685fab1638e4c0d869.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Lunettesman said:

We must not allow a passport to become reality

I would hope not either, but if it does and that's the only way to travel then it's likely that I'll take one. 

8 hours ago, potpest said:

People saying I'm in a low risk group anyway don't really get the point that vaccines need to have widespread uptake in order to eradicate the disease. The long term plan is surely to eradicate covid, not just protect some who are currently vulnerable to death. Although mortality rates are low the long term effects of this disease have been shown to be debilitating in many healthy and young individuals.

If we don't iradicate covid then there will come a time when you will find yourself in a high risk group.

I don't think it would be possible to eradicate the virus completely. It will probably stay around within non vaccinated parts of the world and come back eventually. 

I think the key benefit would be to lower the infection rate such that we can get our hospitals to cope with any patients that do come in and get the required treatment. The biggest tragedy of any virus is that some people lost their lives simply because they did not have enough access to treatment that could have saved their lives. 

7 hours ago, potpest said:

The virus has mutated at a very slow pace and when it does mutate, the new copies aren’t far off from the original virus.

The mutations also doesn't mean the vaccine can't eradicate the disease. Measles mutates just as fast as flu and coronavirus, but the measles vaccine from 1950 still works today.

I think that we've just gotten lucky so far and one day there will be a mutation that our current vaccine cannot protect against. It's more than likely that the virus has already spread back to some wildlife (I think of the minks as a good example), mutate a few times, and eventually it'll come back to humans again.

• Like 1

and there you have it. 

the last two posts are basically two brothers on complete opposite sites of the spectrum. 

because humans generally follow their own path, and most countries have the freedoms to allow it, the light at the end of the tunnel still seems so far off. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Meklown said:
I think that we've just gotten lucky so far and one day there will be a mutation that our current vaccine cannot protect against. It's more than likely that the virus has already spread back to some wildlife (I think of the minks as a good example), mutate a few times, and eventually it'll come back to humans again.

If enough people are vaccinated the virus can't come back from other non vaccinated countries, that's literally how vaccines work.

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Public faith in government would have to be at an all time low, so trusting them on a vaccine at this point just seems hard given the emergency approval. Just seems rushed.

Still, if it gives people an incentive to fly again I’m all for it. I’m personally gonna wait til it’s well and truly been ironed out. 

“You never want the A model of anything”. 

• Like 1