Covid Vaccine. Your plans?

Covid Vaccine  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Once the Covid Vaccine is available, when do you plan to receive it?

• Immediately once I’m selected.
    • Wait a month and let others who need it go first.
    • Wait 3 to 6 months and see the data.
    • Never, this rushed vaccine has too much potential detriment

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2021 at 05:59 AM

26 minutes ago, Foulhook said:

This post is spot on. I never went to college and I own three businesses. I am in the process of selling the smaller ones for 1.8 million. Im 49 years old. The other two make more than that annually.

Pick something you love and figure out a way to monetize it. Do not be afraid of hard work. Do what you promised people you’re going to do, when you promise you will do it, don’t ever lie to anyone and you will be successful.

One of my businesses is dealing in high end offshore fishing boats. I have yet to see a buyer on that side that’s employed by someone else. Most are in the trades and run their own show or created their own business where they saw something missing .. 

college means zero anymore. Not sure it ever meant much to begin with. And yes college teaches you how to be an employee. for 30+ years society has told everyone the most expensive way was the only way. It was all a big lie. Unfortunately many believed it and continue to believe it. 

I agree. 

I watch alot of Patrick Bet-David and Valuetainment. I liked his analogies on college and advise to high school grads. 

• Like 1

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cigar smokers talking about adverse health results of a vaccine ....  Only in 2020.  Can't wait for this dumpster fire of a year to be over. 

I was vaccinated today.  No issues with me, or anyone else at my hospital who has been vaccinated.    

In a key sense, this is absolutely true: prevention and treatment are fundamentally different approaches to managing an epidemic. Invariably both are used whenever possible (e.g. STD's). A vaccine is

I think the most I've gotten out of this is just how dramatically unique the US is, not a negative just due to the mostly common language and culture the anglosphere shares you automatically assume that other parts of life will also be similar. I think you could pick up and plop down the average Ozzy, Brit, Canadian, NZ etc in each other's country and the only real difference would be accent. Lifestyle, humor, day to day expectations I think would pretty much be fairly (Worryingly) similar.

Common modern history isn't even particularly different. I'd hazard a guess that the difference seems to have began to widen at the start of the 20th century; arguments about frontier spirit in the US being the difference misses that the same spirit applies to Australia. Maybe it's how US society had to change when it took the superpower spot and the fall out from that? The societal change when the UK took that spot from Spain was just as big and the national fallout from that is still felt today

It's an interesting discussion I always enjoy thinking about. Funnily enough I think it's almost like a family issue, I think outside the anglosphere most countries struggle to grasp the shared bonds(and differences) and think we're absolutely bonkers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

I think the most I've gotten out of this is just how dramatically unique the US is, not a negative just due to the mostly common language and culture the anglosphere shares you automatically assume that other parts of life will also be similar. I think you could pick up and plop down the average Ozzy, Brit, Canadian, NZ etc in each other's country and the only real difference would be accent. Lifestyle, humor, day to day expectations I think would pretty much be fairly (Worryingly) similar.

It's true. That's why we always get along so well in Havana and Aussies who come to work in Canada fit right in. 

• Like 2

I’m certain I’ve seen posts where we’ve shared books we are reading, documentaries we are watching, etc.  There is nothing wrong with learning, educating oneself, growing oneself beyond their specialty.  My degree is Political Science, hardly required for me to be successful in my field of Software Sales.  Still, I have no regrets from the experience of college.  It rounded me socially, philosophically, gave me the breadth of knowledge to challenge that status quo and think for myself. 

Generalizations make one seem very naive to a world beyond their own.  Blindly dismissing others life choices as stupid makes one seem like an ignorant donkey.  

Yes, the cost of university has become ghastly.  Which is why you see the shift away from it being required to be in the corporate world unless you started your own business.  Even then, you need a skill.  Skills are taught, learned, practiced.  Should one go college to be a plumber?  Of course not.  Should one go to become an IT Engineer?  Nope not really.  Unless you have the coding skills to create your own company and product though, you will need that degree to work on the business side.  

There’s nothing wrong with giving yourself as many options for yourself and your professional career as possible.  Especially for 18-19 year old kids who don’t know what the hell they are going to be in 4 years let alone 10 years time.  

BTW, this is a vaccine thread yeah?

• Like 4

So I've got the vaccine twice, felt no effect on the first one and got side effects on the second one. The second dose was pretty unpleasant but only felt it for a very short time, 24 hours at most. Given the choice between 24 hours or a month of sickness and tons of meds from Online Pharmacy, I think the choice is obvious here. I didn't get maimed or anything stupid like that. IMO, do what you want with your body, but there's 0 reason not to get the vaccine.

• 2 weeks later...

Antibody testing showed titre in the double digits 7 months after the second shot. Currently greater than upper limit (1000’s) titre level 2 months after booster. This is the Pfizer vaccine. Zero titre level from actual COVID as neither of us were infected. 

GET YOUR BOOSTER, FOLKS.

3 hours ago, Lord Verulam said:

Mind breaking this down in layman’s terms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We received the Pfizer vaccine as customary with two initial shots.

7 months after the second dose we had testing done to see what level of PFIZER vaccine specific antibodies were produced and remaining. The level was in the  double digits.

We received the booster 1 month later.

2 months later we had more PFIZER vaccine specific antibody testing. The level was greater than the upper measurable limit.

Testing was performed each time to look for antibodies from the actual disease. We have zero COVID specific antibodies and have not been infected with actual COVID.

Antibody level does not predict severity of a breakthrough infection; A higher level of antibodies would mean a greater attack on infection in most cases. More is better idea.

Takeaway: The immunity from vaccination fades over time. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well after 2 years of being as careful as we could, my wife tested positive for COVID this week and has cold like symptoms.

I'm about to take a rapid test and no doubt I'll test positive although I feel fine.

Boosters were scheduled for next week, which was the earliest opportunity they became available. 

• Sad 6

I hope it's omicron, and you'll be fine. 

shitty time of the year to get it though. 

my unvaxxed/unboosted less-than-healthy wife caught omicron two weeks ago. She was feeling ill for a few days, but was back to normal within the same week she contracted it. She never lost her ability to smell/taste. If her employer wasn't testing daily, she likely wouldn't have known she caught it. Interestingly enough, I didn't catch it from her. (although I'm double vaxx'd)

However, there still some delta variant cases going around...and those ain't fun! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

My rapid test came back negative, go figure. My immune system with two vaccine doses is still undefeated. 

I had a rapid PCR test on October 31st with moderate symptoms that came back negative   (vaccinated 2nd dose Jan 14th) then a 3 min return time, off the charts positive on November 2nd. It was Delta and it kicked my butt being a moderately, healthy bmi/work out etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re just not high enough on the DNA/RNA viral load yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jfire said:

I had a rapid PCR test on October 31st with moderate symptoms that came back negative   (vaccinated 2nd dose Jan 14th) then a 3 min return time, off the charts positive on November 2nd. It was Delta and it kicked my butt being a moderately, healthy bmi/work out etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re just not high enough on the DNA/RNA viral load yet.

Well I'm told I need to test every 3 days while my wife is symptomatic so I'll check back Monday!

On 12/9/2021 at 5:52 AM, La_Tigre said:

Takeaway: The immunity from vaccination fades over time. 

all those numbers sound terrific (i think).

but fading? that is not uncommon with vaccines (not suggesting that you are indicating otherwise). tetanus needs to be redone every decade or so and no doubt many others - i am sure that some of the doctors on the site could explain this far better than i could. or correct this if i am wrong. 

flu shots are annual. if covid becomes an annual shot, is that really going to be surprising to anyone? 

On 12/25/2021 at 4:15 AM, Cigar Surgeon said:

My rapid test came back negative, go figure. My immune system with two vaccine doses is still undefeated. 

good news and best of luck for your wife.

our idiot muppets continue to handle this about as well as a blind man trying to pick up a cobra. 

sister was at the golf club last week. someone thought they had symptoms. so everyone had to be tested (fair enough) and self isolate for 72 hours till the results come back. when i was in hospital, took them 3 minutes. but this govt insists that over christmas, thousands must self isolate for 72 hours and miss families and gatherings (you can bet your life none of them would). so she and mum missed the traditional christmas eve family dinner but finally got the results - negative - and could come late to christmas day lunch. not that they had any idea this was coming. they have only had two years to prepare. but apparently there were a lot of tests. truly beyond stupid. 

i've put things on a hook to use as bait which have more intelligence than our premier and as for our dimwitted deputy, tree stumps look at him and question evolution. 

44 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

all those numbers sound terrific (i think).

but fading? that is not uncommon with vaccines (not suggesting that you are indicating otherwise). tetanus needs to be redone every decade or so and no doubt many others - i am sure that some of the doctors on the site could explain this far better than i could. or correct this if i am wrong. 

flu shots are annual. if covid becomes an annual shot, is that really going to be surprising to anyone? 

Ken, I know you’ve been to the U.S….

😉🤣

3 minutes ago, La_Tigre said:

Ken, I know you’ve been to the U.S….

😉🤣

yes, i should know better. 

doctor friend of mine talks about omricon being far less dangerous than the previous variations and he is hopeful it will just rush through the community causing far less damage, especially to those vaxxed. and then we can return to some sort of normality. but who knows. 

one just hopes that all friends and family stay safe. 

• Like 4

Normally my daughter and son in law come over in the 24th for Christmas dinner, stay overnight and leave mid afternoon on the 25th and then go to his Mom’s for Christmas dinner. They left last Sunday for a trip to Montreal and then to stop in Ottawa to spend a couple of days with his dad (who he hasn’t seen in two year) but got a call on Tuesday that he was around someone who tested positive before they went away. They cut there trip short, had a quick visit with his Dad on the driveway and then came home. Test for them both was Thursday but because they are so backlogged, they only got the results tonight. 
Good news is they both tested negative so they will come over tomorrow (26th) and we will have our Christmas then. Better late than never. 

• Like 3

On 12/24/2021 at 6:26 AM, Cigar Surgeon said:

Well after 2 years of being as careful as we could, my wife tested positive for COVID this week and has cold like symptoms.

I'm about to take a rapid test and no doubt I'll test positive although I feel fine.

Boosters were scheduled for next week, which was the earliest opportunity they became available. 

That’s crazy, the exact same thing has happened to me - yesterday my wife tested positive with minor cold symptoms, boosters and all. Good thing we’re stocked up on food, toilet paper, cigars and bourbon, aka “the essentials”,and we planned to spend the holiday break at home anyway....

At this point, I kinda figured it would eventually happen.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2021 at 10:15 AM, Cigar Surgeon said:

So a follow up to this saga. I retested on Monday December 27th and the results were inconclusive (very faint line, almost imperceptible). So I took that as a presumptive positive and got a PCR test on Thursday. PCR test came back positive.

My symptoms are even less severe than my wife, mild cough with mild throat irritating and nasal congestion. I felt fatigued on Wednesday. 

Ironically this makes my upcoming trip to Vegas in late January for the TPE easier because I don't have to get a rapid test to go down, and I don't have to get a PCR test to come back with proof of COVID recovery.

• Like 3

We went to a wedding on Saturday 18/12/21 and caught a dose of Christmas Covid along with 14 other guests.

Both my wife and I had booster jabs the week before the wedding. Fortunately we all had very mild symptoms, one sweaty uncomfortable night and a few days of mild cold symptoms.

Unfortunately we had another wedding to do to on the Tuesday, which is when everyone started to get their positives. We were annoyed to have our Christmas plans scuppered but devestated for our friends who got married on the Tuesday, 10 of our close group of friends were unable to attend due to positive lateral flows.

My wife had a minor cough on the Monday night so we booked a PCR test for Tuesday morning, I didn't have symptoms or feel unwell in any way but pretended I did so I could get one at the same time.

We both did lateral flow tests as soon as we were home, my wife positive, mine negative.

Early Tuesday afternoon I felt a little achey, did another test and got the positive.

We received our PCR results Wednesday, both of which were positive.

It was a fairly similar story for all who attended the Saturday wedding, wives and girlfriends showing positive in the morning, then fellas in the afternoon. One didn't test positive untill the following day. Really impressive how so many of us caught it, can absolutely see why lockdowns and social distancing are so important. My wife and I have been very careful throughout, but it was difficult to turn down a wedding at the last minute and we went despite feeling uncomfortable.

Our entire friend group were double jabbed with most having a recent booster, all had very mild symptoms.

Really impressed with the lateral flow tests, they certainly might not be perfect but they really do work. We had a group message of people that were supposed to share a minibus that was pinging positives throughout Tuesday morning.

• Like 2