So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

4 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Nope, not me.

Man..... It was someone.... Male .... Age 30-60.... Lives in Aus. Just finished putting solar panels on his house back around December. Talked about grocery stores too. I think he smoked cigars. 

On 2/2/2023 at 3:58 PM, Lamboinee said:

Man..... It was someone.... Male .... Age 30-60.... Lives in Aus. Just finished putting solar panels on his house back around December. Talked about grocery stores too. I think he smoked cigars. 

🙋‍♂️

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 3:41 PM, Nevrknow said:

That Bardstown original is very good

I purchased a bottle of the Origin bottled in bond (black label)....thought it was a SUPER solid bottle, especially for the price. Haven't tried the white labeled bottle though. 

These are not recent acquisitions, rather a great find because I truly forgot I had two of these bottles! This is what happens after 55. Oh, I'm 57... 

I'm building a wine room for the wife, and had to move the boxes of whiskey. I decided to get rid of the boxes and was definitely surprised to find them. I cannot remember where I bought them from... 

20230324_093521.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried a bottle of Spytail. Rum aged in cognac barrels got my attention (combining my two favourite spirits!). However, this is better described as a ready-made cocktail. It has a sugar solution, plus flavouring. It is quite tasty, with a profile in the Old-Fashioned category. But I wouldn't have purchased it (online) if I'd known it had added sugar etc. (This is in the fine print of the physical label, but not in the product descriptions online.)

image.png.d344cd37b252b78c542e0d871cc765b5.png

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Mr.T said:
I got lucky at my local liquor store finding this on the shelf!

This is great juice. Have you tried the port version? It’s my current favorite dram at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/13/2023 at 9:38 PM, Lant63 said:
This is great juice. Have you tried the port version? It’s my current favorite dram at the moment.

Not yet! But, I’ll keep an eye out for it…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Picked up a half case of this recently.  Perfect match for any cigar

good stuff. these days, they have become ridiculously expensive over here. i have a bottle from 1900 i am hoping to take to a tasting in Helsinki. need to find it first.

how recently was yours bottled? 

4 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

good stuff. these days, they have become ridiculously expensive over here. i have a bottle from 1900 i am hoping to take to a tasting in Helsinki. need to find it first.

how recently was yours bottled? 

Not sure.  I will check.  Was part of a 60 bottle lot at Christie's I split with some other collectors.  Ever see a Madeira lot that big of the same vintage?  Nope.

6 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Not sure.  I will check.  Was part of a 60 bottle lot at Christie's I split with some other collectors.  Ever see a Madeira lot that big of the same vintage?  Nope.

no, the ones i bought years ago were mixed. a reasonable number but they sold them in single or double bottle lots. 

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

no, the ones i bought years ago were mixed. a reasonable number but they sold them in single or double bottle lots. 

It's rare to see 60 bottles of any single wine in one lot; never mind 70+ year old Madeira!