So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

On 4/17/2022 at 10:09 AM, Jeanff said:

No worries, we use cheese cloth for bagging game so I always have some around, easy to find at the hardware store.

Birthday is coming soon, will make sure to let you know how it went 🥳

I used a metal coffee drip filter and poured in a crystal carafe for 3 hours, had a 3 inch thick rib steak cut from a 30 days dry aged piece and shared with my wife yesteday, the whole experience was truly enjoyable, thank you for your suggestions!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Granddaughter’s graduation, college graduation. Graduated Magna. Took a fake swing at me when I asked what happened to Suma. It’s ok, said she still loves me. 😂  Now on to law school! Yay me!

Son in laws widowed mother in law comes over for the party. We’re celebrating with Lusi’s sig vi’s and rum. Then she drops that her dead husband has a lot of “whiskey” left over and brings me this. THEN she says I could have all of what’s left of the bottles. Says something about some Pappy something or other. 😂

Getting dressed now and heading over there! 

7A3DC8BE-A57B-429F-BEB0-971B93FE24B5.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nevrknow said:

Granddaughter’s graduation, college graduation. Graduated Magna. Took a fake swing at me when I asked what happened to Suma. It’s ok, said she still loves me. 😂  Now on to law school! Yay me!

Son in laws widowed mother in law comes over for the party. We’re celebrating with Lusi’s sig vi’s and rum. Then she drops that her dead husband has a lot of “whiskey” left over and brings me this. THEN she says I could have all of what’s left of the bottles. Says something about some Pappy something or other. 😂

Getting dressed now and heading over there! 

The son in law's mother in law? Wouldn't that be your wife? :thinking:

Correct. Hungover and missed a word.😂

Son in laws brother’s mother in law. It was a wild night. 😎

And sometimes I’m sure my wife would like to be a widow 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 6:20 AM, potpest said:

Just picked these up from a local restaurant at a very good price

Those are terrific wines I like a lot.  Good for you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 7:15 AM, Goodfortune said:

Couple new pickups for the weekend.

Just bought the Knob Creek 15 two weeks ago.  Really oaky but overall, pretty good. Won't be my regular pull but a good change of pace drinker.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a dozen bottles the other week. Practically stole the Reschke Armenta Cab Sauv 2014. Normally retails for AUD130, I picked it up for AUD30. Apparently was bought by a restaurant, but it went bust, so they had to move it along.

The Cielo e Terra 3 Passo Red was a good price too, so picked up half a dozen.

20220813_212421.jpg.4bea4035eb0102bd2bc5658433747196.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Picked up a dozen bottles the other week. Practically stole the Reschke Armenta Cab Sauv 2014. Normally retails for AUD130, I picked it up for AUD30. Apparently was bought by a restaurant, but it went bust, so they had to move it along.

The Cielo e Terra 3 Passo Red was a good price too, so picked up half a dozen.

I hate when producers put ratings or accolades on the bottles.  Looks desperate and tacky. 

• 2 weeks later...