• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

5 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Looks dead there, that’s awesome. Cancun?
Stay safe

If you don’t Like the 51 and the ME you maybe aren’t a fan of Mexican San Andreas wrapper. The 20 is Sumatra and a good smoke already, slightly harsh at the end but I think will progress with time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats 100% correct.  Everything (for the most part) that I've tried, Tat or otherwise with a MSA wrapper, I have not enjoyed.  I just get overwhelming pepper hits and its all I can taste. Almost a black tar type feeling with a lot of nicotine.  Agree on the 2020 with it getting harsher at the end, but has some great consistent flavors/strength the rest of the stick. I always like Sumatras in general for their smooth and sometimes slightly sweet notes.  

We were about an hour south of Cancun, 20 minutes north of Tulum in Riviera Maya.  Beautiful secluded resort.  Certainly wasn't dead, but wasn't packed either.  They were operating at about 60% occupancy. The day we left however, my fiancé read an article that Mexico is going back to allowing 100% occupancy at its resorts.  So I guess we went at the perfect time.  We stayed to ourselves for the most part, always wore masks when walking around and even felt more comfortable with the CV19 precautions than what we've been seeing in the states.  

• Like 3

On 12/16/2020 at 3:52 PM, westg said:

MES NOV 11..They will be gone by Friday . B 52'sIMG20201215102327.jpg.8f7a5c6a9bab4f6a50d75b1c08a5debd.jpg

I’ll keep dreaming.. ??

14 hours ago, JohnS said:

966396253_2020-12-0820_41_02.jpg.d7aaef803aca2fe4a692b276099e6888.jpg

Punch Double Coronas PEL EPOO

I'd like to again thank @jay8354 for gifting me this fine cigar to review. Like the last cigar I smoked from this box around five to six weeks ago, I can re-affirm that 21 years for a Double Corona (the date code equates to May 1999) such as this one in no way diminished the flavours nor the fine quality of the smoking experience.

As I had written in my last review on this aged Punch Double Corona, if you smoke a Punch Double Coronas young, say 12 to 36 months, you'd likely find that they will have an array of flavours such as wood or cedar, leather, earthiness, citrus and nuts but mainly they will dominate more in those woody and leather flavours. As they age well over the 10 to 15-year mark you can get them more softer in those wood flavours, more fruity and a disposition to tart flavours.

This time around their was more cedar wood to this cigar, the fruitiness like currants was again present and there was a distinctive citrus tart flavour which I find generally characteristic of the Punch marca in general. In contrast, there was very little baking spice and leather was present, like what you may find in a long-term aged cigar like this one. Again, the cigar had little evolution or complexity but it smoked so well that it was a pleasure to nub!

Thoughts always turn to the year the cigar was produced when I smoke anything with some age on it, like you would contemplate an aged fine wine.
It’s amazing how many things you recall when you reminisce about a particular year while enjoying a cigar from that year. Especially one from 1999! Ahh the good old days..

Haven’t been a big fan of Punch In the past John, but will now have to revisit after your great review of this aged Punch dc

cheers
Joe

• Thanks 2