Worst Habanos release since 2000?

Worst habanos release since 2000?

Two categories only. You can nominate one cigar per category. Toss it over ......but you can nominate only one cigar in each category :thinking:

Note. HSA Phanton releases (announced but never really made stores) don't count :D

1. Regular Production (including LCDH). 

2. Limited Edition

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hogwash, balderdash, and poppycock.  PSdP are terrific.  You and Kaptain Karl need to stop trolling and leave PSdP (and Brittany) alone.  😀 QDO 50 are booooooorrrrring.   On the LE front, th

1. Regular Production (including LCDH).  Montecristo Open Eagle. (lifeless and bland. Runner up Double Edmundo) 2. Limited Edition Trinidad Short Robustos T

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Wouldn't even enter into my top 10 worst ELs. Not that I liked it but there have been some pretty bad ELs. 1. Monte Open Junior 2. Trini Short Robustos T (Ry

14 minutes ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

Partagás Series No. 1 for Limited Edition

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Wouldn't even enter into my top 10 worst ELs. Not that I liked it but there have been some pretty bad ELs.

1. Monte Open Junior

2. Trini Short Robustos T (RyJ Robustos a close second place)

2a for @Ken Gargett: Monte C

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Wouldn't even enter into my top 10 worst ELs. Not that I liked it but there have been some pretty bad ELs.

1. Monte Open Junior

2. Trini Short Robustos T

Partagás Series No. 1 is one of the worst CCs I've ever had since it had a burnproof thick wrapper, plugged draw, and too bland flavour profile. I recall some FOH members had a positive experience with this EL, but mostly negative reviews if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

1. Monte Open Junior

2. Trini Short Robustos T

thanks you.

absolutely.

for 1 (do the Upmann Robustos Añejados qualify here? if so...). otherwise, strong contender, monte opens (shame, habanos, shame) but the winner, cuaba exclusivos. it needed to be something cuaba. normally, i would have gone for their smallest, that being a waste of cigar and something that should be outlawed (small cigars), but in this case, being small is a plus - less to smoke. so exclusivos it is.

2. monte C. daylight second, third and fourth. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ken Gargett said:

do the Upmann Robustos Añejados qualify here?

I am going no as I believe they are limited production in nature. They just never moved so it seemed like they kept making them. 

I also didn't find most of the Anejados too offensive but they certainly weren't something I would buy. I found all of them just seemed a little "off." 

4 minutes ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

Partagás Series No. 1 is one of the worst CCs I've ever had since it had a burnproof thick wrapper, plugged draw, and too bland flavour profile. I recall some FOH members had a positive experience with this EL, but mostly negative reviews if I'm not mistaken.

Can't argue with that. I had a few and they were fine. I did find them better than the SD Especial which I think was totally lackluster.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

thanks you.

absolutely.

for 1 (do the Upmann Robustos Añejados qualify here? if so...). otherwise, strong contender, monte opens (shame, habanos, shame) but the winner, cuaba exclusivos. it needed to be something cuaba. normally, i would have gone for their smallest, that being a waste of cigar and something that should be outlawed (small cigars), but in this case, being small is a plus - less to smoke. so exclusivos it is.

2. monte C. daylight second, third and fourth. 

Añejados cigars like Upmann Robustos are technically classified as a special release but looks like they're still being produced for some years.

Although I never had any Monte Opens, these are the Montes that I won't puff forever based on negative reviews of Monte Opens.

7 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I am going no as I believe they are limited production in nature. They just never moved so it seemed like they kept making them. 

I also didn't find most of the Anejados too offensive but they certainly weren't something I would buy. I found all of them just seemed a little "off." 

Can't argue with that. I had a few and they were fine. I did find them better than the SD Especial which I think was totally lackluster.

Much agreed. I also think Añejados cigars are supposed to be special releases but are still being made for unknown reasons. For H. Upmann Robustos Añejados, it had way too peppery flavor which made me upset so much.

Glad that you had a positive Partagás Series No. 1 experience. I think my Partagás Series No. 1 was a dud, and I'll give a second chance to that EL in the future.

• Like 1

I don’t have enough LE experience to opine on the those. The few I’ve had were fine.

For regular production, I think the QdO 50 is pretty pathetic. I hate the format and I find them pretty tasteless. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since 2020?  Probably the Partagas Legados.  I’ve stopped chasing the regionals.  They’re too expensive and too random.  The value isn’t there anymore.  Some of the responses have been pre-2020 so I don’t consider them.

7 minutes ago, cookj1 said:

Since 2020?  Probably the Partagas Legados.  I’ve stopped chasing the regionals.  They’re too expensive and too random.  The value isn’t there anymore.  Some of the responses have been pre-2020 so I don’t consider them.

2000 not 2020

Monte Open line. Never could figure out what they were thinking.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

Punch Short de Punch. If they come up on 24/24, don't waste your money.😳

Aw, hell...

Yeah, I think I've given up on these. I bought a box in Havana time before last to give them another shot. Didn't want to pay more than Cuba price for a likely disappointment. Well, they didn't disappoint in the disappointment department. I don't know what the deal is with the blend. Kind of reminds me of the old EL murky, damp forest floor. Not much Punch DNA. 

Go with the PL Galanes--a much better option of a new release. 

By the way, HSA thinks SdP is a hit. New Cuba price is $129!

7 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

Although I never had any Monte Opens

The Eagle I hear is ok. The only one worth smoking. But if I never have one I'm fine with that. 

7 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

but the winner, cuaba exclusivos.

That was an original 96 model. I will say they are not really great and they're very overpriced now. Smaller than I remembered especially for the price. 

The only ones I ever liked were the Generosos which of course they cut. I was actually quite a fan of them in the late 90s. Of course I'm a fan of the Distinguidos also. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The Eagle I hear is ok. The only one worth smoking. But if I never have one I'm fine with that. 

Thanks, @NSXCIGAR. One of my Korean FOH BOTLs likes Monte Open Eagle since he's a huge fan of mild cigars (he likes other CCs like Connie A too though).

5 hours ago, Puros Y Vino said:

1. Regular Production (including LCDH). 

Montecristo Open Eagle. (lifeless and bland. Runner up Double Edmundo)

2. Limited Edition

Trinidad Short Robustos T

Hard to go much past this. 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

My worst Habanos release since 2000 are:

• H. Upmann Robustos Añejados for Regular Production
  • Partagás Series No. 1 for Limited Edition

Totally wild.

We liked the Upmann anejados in spite of wanting to hate them. Not a top cigar, but not trash at all

Only have had P1 once and only by grace of a friend far away (more on that at later date). By FAR, the best cigar of 2022 with an Esplendido and a Hoyo DD running a distant second.

You’re Kimfessions are telling on you !!!!!!!! 😂 😛 🤣 

6 minutes ago, La_Tigre said:

Totally wild.

We liked the Upmann anejados in spite of wanting to hate them. Not a top cigar, but not trash at all

Only have had P1 once and only by grace of a friend far away (more on that at later date). By FAR, the best cigar of 2022 with an Esplendido and a Hoyo DD running a distant second.

You’re Kimfessions are telling on you !!!!!!!! 😂 😛 🤣 

For P1 EL, I believe I had a dud one based on its tight draw and burnproof wrapper which gave me a huge struggle. Hope that I'll have a positive P1 experience when I revisit that EL.

For HU Anejados, mine was too peppery throughout the end while I was reviewing that Anejados. I'm also considering giving that cigar a second chance since I saw some HU Anejados success stories on FOH in the past.

1 minute ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

For P1 EL, I believe I had a dud one based on its tight draw and burnproof wrapper which gave me a huge struggle. Hope that I'll have a positive P1 experience when I revisit that EL.

For HU Anejados, mine was too peppery throughout the end while I was reviewing that Anejados. I'm also considering giving that cigar a second chance since I saw some HU Anejados success stories on FOH in the past.

Totally understand! One P1 does not a release make. Can say the box of Upmann has been good enough that we would’ve bought more for sure. Very mild, QdO like but with plenty of Upmann flavor. Only one or two duds on the box. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, La_Tigre said:

Totally understand! One P1 does not a release make. Can say the box of Upmann has been good enough that we would’ve bought more for sure. Very mild, QdO like but with plenty of Upmann flavor. Only one or two duds on the box. 

Thanks, buddy! Hope that these two CCs will play nicely when I revisit them 😃

• Like 1

Too bad you guys don’t like QDO 50’s. We love them. But hey.

On the Regular Production I vote Cuaba Exclusivios etc. There’s a cigar that tries to be a Boli?

For an LE, keep just about anything in a jar? Don’t want the price and don’t want to store it in my humis. 

CB

3 hours ago, rcarlson said:

On the LE front, the 2016 Monte Dantes have been a dud for me.  Love the size.  Construction all good.  Dem sticks sho is purty too.  But dang if I haven't found the vast majority to be a giant disappointment in the flavor department.  

You got lucky. All mine are ugly and taste like crap! 

The worst RP for me has to be the Upmann Half Corona, like some sick, demented Joke. "Lets discontinued our best cigar and replace it with something vastly inferior in every way." Said the Geniuses at HSA. 

The worst LE is heads and tails ahead of the rest, the Monte Dantes. Its consistently one of the worst cigars I smoke each year. (NCs included) Thick, burnproof wrappers, bitter, muddled, acrid, metallic tasting smoke, spotty construction, just garbage in every way possible. They're so bad I refuse to even entertain trading/giving out any of the 10 boxes I was stupid enough to buy, I haven't yet met a cigar smoker I dislike enough to do that to. I never really bit hard on the LE/RE thing, and this release was my "lesson learned the hard way."

• Like 4

I think the last box of cigars I didn’t burn through for lack of interest were Cuaba Salomons.

Worst LE? Man, that’s a very difficult choice. I got off of that wagon quite a while ago and haven’t looked back.