Worst Habanos release since 2000?

4 minutes ago, Puros Y Vino said:

So, in essence. Habanos marketing got this right? 😜 I don't particularly care for this line, but Habanos found a market that does?  FWIW though. Most of the "vintage" boxes I see appearing on various FB groups, tend to come the "Open" line.  Also, a few B&M's have older box codes which tells me they're not moving them quickly, therefore not restocking. So, in effect there is a market for these, but it may not be as large as Habanos hoped for?

They thought Open series would usurp Macanudo, but were wrong.  I'd like revisit the Open's, but don't have any.

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hogwash, balderdash, and poppycock.  PSdP are terrific.  You and Kaptain Karl need to stop trolling and leave PSdP (and Brittany) alone.  😀 QDO 50 are booooooorrrrring.   On the LE front, th

1. Regular Production (including LCDH).  Montecristo Open Eagle. (lifeless and bland. Runner up Double Edmundo) 2. Limited Edition Trinidad Short Robustos T

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Wouldn't even enter into my top 10 worst ELs. Not that I liked it but there have been some pretty bad ELs. 1. Monte Open Junior 2. Trini Short Robustos T (Ry

1 minute ago, BrightonCorgi said:

They thought Open series would usurp Macanudo, but were wrong.  I'd like revisit the Open's, but don't have any.

Macanudo?  Who cares about those? Are they a well selling mainstream marca?   As for revisiting. Big nope from me.😁 With one exception. The Juniors. I found those to have a nice salty and caramel profile to them.  If I could get older boxes at a reasonable price, I'd go for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

2. LE ... Romeo y Julieta Anejados

I'd say it was as if I was smoking CC leaf farts, but I feel like even those would have more flavor. They're like the white bread of cigars. 

Could not put words on my thoughts on this cigars. You nailed it. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Puros Y Vino said:

If I could get older boxes at a reasonable price, I'd go for it.

Came across a 10 box from 2010 (or 2012--I forgot) at El Faro a few weeks ago. We all had a good laugh about it. I have no doubt it will be there when I go back. I'll grab it for you. 

Reg Prod - The Hoyo Epicure Deluxe has been a consistently poor cigar for me, tastes super strong and unbalanced

LE - The Punch Regios EL 2017 - smoked a handful, ranging from bad to bland, size is silly, outshone by its older brother the 2013 release. I have heard that recently they are much better. 

Honorable mention would go to the Quai D'Orsay Senadores - they tasted roughhhh when I smoked them. Need lots of time or maybe just a dud but the vitola saves it from making the list. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Came across a 10 box from 2010 (or 2012--I forgot) at El Faro a few weeks ago. We all had a good laugh about it. I have no doubt it will be there when I go back. I'll grab it for you. 

LOL. Don't want them that bad.  Thanks though. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 3:52 AM, Ken Gargett said:

but the winner, cuaba exclusivos. it needed to be something cuaba. normally, i would have gone for their smallest, that being a waste of cigar and something that should be outlawed (small cigars), but in this case, being small is a plus - less to smoke. so exclusivos it is.

I had the Cuaba Exclusivos yesterday. definitely not again.

On 6/28/2022 at 6:11 AM, BrightonCorgi said:

Am I one of the only fans of Double Edmundo's? 

Said many times it's my favorite Monte since 2018. Before that I found them pretty lackluster though. 

On 7/17/2022 at 10:09 PM, Perla said:

HdM Regalos LE 2007 - fire proof wrapper 

The ones that burned well were excellent however. Generally the lighter wrappers were ok. One of my favorite ELs to that point although if you got the fireproof wrappers I could see the negative opinion.

On 6/29/2022 at 7:12 PM, heminway186 said:

Reg Prod - The Hoyo Epicure Deluxe has been a consistently poor cigar for me, tastes super strong and unbalanced

Good call. With you on that one, absolutely. Not even strong for me. Unbalanced cap. I must say I always wonder why these appear so popular. And why they are still being made. No doubt the worst ever ‘LCDH’.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fugu said:

Unbalanced cap. I must say I always wonder why these appear so popular. And why they are still being made. No doubt the worst ever ‘LCDH’.

Lol--Epis are not my normal go to cigar, but I had my first Epi Deluxe (from a newbie single sampler that I created from a well known gray market vendor in 2019) and it was excellent--the best cigar I had this month.

The more I smoke Cubans the more confused I get.    😀

• Haha 4

On 6/28/2022 at 12:06 PM, Puros Y Vino said:

Macanudo?  Who cares about those? Are they a well selling mainstream marca?   As for revisiting. Big nope from me.😁 With one exception. The Juniors. I found those to have a nice salty and caramel profile to them.  If I could get older boxes at a reasonable price, I'd go for it.

There were 2010 boxes at a reasonable price last year online.

This won’t be popular:

- Fonseca 1, not even close to something I’m looking for in a cigar.  Bunch of blah, founding myself sucking on it like a vacuum looking for satisfaction.

- Haven’t bought an LE in more than a decade.  Spent a lot of money on 2006 Monte Robusto which were trash, and the early Cohiba piramides were also crap.  Take your pick, tasted like mediocre Nicaraguan cigars back then.  Maybe they are good now, but don’t care.  LE’s are the biggest waste of coin going imho.  Would rather have 2-3 boxes of P2s.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, mprach024 said:

Fonseca 1, not even close to something I’m looking for in a cigar.  Bunch of blah, founding myself sucking on it like a vacuum looking for satisfaction.

Not a new (since 2000) release but I agree on the description. Although there's the odd one that goes against its very nature. I have them as a change of pace.

I find Hoyo Palmas extras (also not a new release) have a similar profile.

1 hour ago, mprach024 said:

- Haven’t bought an LE in more than a decade.  Spent a lot of money on 2006 Monte Robusto which were trash, and the early Cohiba pyramides were also crap.  Take your pick, tasted like mediocre Nicaraguan cigars back then.  Maybe they are good now, but don’t care.  LE’s are the biggest waste of coin going imho.  Would rather have 2-3 boxes of P2s.

Those early ones were real rough. The quality has improved by now but the prices have gone so crazy I don't think they are good value.

6 hours ago, mprach024 said:

This won’t be popular:

- Fonseca 1, not even close to something I’m looking for in a cigar.  Bunch of blah, founding myself sucking on it like a vacuum looking for satisfaction.

Opposite for me; that's one of my favorite current production cigars!

i never taste much of what this board describes in cigars. 

but when I tasted marshmallow in my 2014 box of Fonny 1's I was amazed. Felt like I "finally" tasted something that everyone else describes. 

The '14 Fonny 1's that floated around here (and still are) were great. I'm 1/3rd the way through the box and every one was worth the price (original price) paid for them! 

• Like 3

On 7/20/2022 at 8:59 PM, Cairo said:

and it was excellent--

A sure outlier 😂

On 7/20/2022 at 8:59 PM, Cairo said:

Epis are not my normal go to cigar, but I had my first Epi Deluxe

The de Luxe has but nothing in common with the Epicures for me. But perhaps I had no staying power with the dreaded de Luxe 😅