Deep Dive: Partagas Short

El Presidente

Partagas Short   

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Partagas Short is a staple cigar for many of us  :D

Let's talk the Short. 

• Do you like Partagas Short?
  • Where does it stand in the ranks of the other existing Half corona/Perla/Minuto? 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a partagas Short?
  • Do the poll!

Salute the Short  :cigar:

• Like 2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@KnightsAnole @SCgarman you know what: fair enough! If I really think only about the minuto size of 42 ring by 110mm length, then Shorts are not at the ‘strongest’ end. BCJ clearly a fuller smoke (too

These deep dives are a great idea, as is setting them aside in a separate folder. They will be a real resource for the newbies and those thinking about trying something new. They are also interesting

I’ve always liked Rob’s description when they pop up; essential cigars for your humi. I think of them as Lusi’s in a limited time frame. I get nervous when I have less than 50 at my disposal... Shorts

Smoke a lot of them and have for 20 years. I actually prefer them fairly young. Have not noticed much of a blend change over the years like other cubans. I like all small sticks in the HSA portfolio but prefer the others with some age on them. Still see them as a good value cuban for my taste. Surprisingly my current dress boxes smoking better than my cabs 

• Like 2

I've never been a Shorts fan. It's just too refined for me in that format. Maybe I'd appreciate it more in a Coronas or Cervantes but for Minutos & Perlas I like some intensity and richness. The Shorts are just a bit too suave for me. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I've never been a Shorts fan. It's just too refined for me in that format. Maybe I'd appreciate it more in a Coronas or Cervantes but for Minutos & Perlas I like some intensity and richness. The Shorts are just a bit too suave for me. 

Whaaat! Ok, I know you have smoked a lot more cigars than me. But my goodness the Short is often a strong, flavourful smoke surely? The milder Partagas are at the larger end of the line: the E2 and Lusi especially. And what minutos of any marca are reliably fuller or more flavourful?

• Like 1

Wish the short was a true Mareva at 5.1 inches. Love the cigar but can't get more than 40 minutes out of one. I had two 2011 boxes from our host and they are a totally different cigar with 10 years of age compared when I received them. Young they are full in your face similar to a NC spice bomb. Totally nuanced and medium with age. 

Fell in love with this cigar when I bought a few at a duty free store in  Schiphol airport in 2006 and haven't looked back since.

1 hour ago, RDB said:

Whaaat! Ok, I know you have smoked a lot more cigars than me. But my goodness the Short is often a strong, flavourful smoke surely? The milder Partagas are at the larger end of the line: the E2 and Lusi especially. And what minutos of any marca are reliably fuller or more flavourful?

Maybe the Bolivar Jr Corona? But I agree for the most part. It’s relatively rich and strong for a Cuban, IMO. 

• Like 1

I haven't been impressed with the handful I've tried so far. At best they've been decent. Currently my least favorite in the short smoke category. 

One of my favorite small cigars — I can enjoy up to 50 minutes or more of the rich and nuanced flavors. At nearly the same price point of the Super Partagas, it is far ahead of that vitola in flavor, but it would be interesting if the blends were switched to exchange vitolas — especially a Short in the Mareva  size.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I’ve always liked Rob’s description when they pop up; essential cigars for your humi. I think of them as Lusi’s in a limited time frame. I get nervous when I have less than 50 at my disposal... Shorts and Boli PC are my go-to after work smokes.

I always feel that the best description of Party Shorts is "they just make sense." It's not elegant, but that's about how I feel. Never a bad time for a short

• Like 1

They’re good, kind of like a mini D4 or Lusi if you don’t have time. I would put them tied with Boli CJ and El Principe. The Hoyo Depute and Reyes are similar size and may be a bit higher quality… 

• Like 1

I have fond memories of party shorts, but I don't love them. Its a great cigar to have when you can't make up your mind. Looking at what I like, I'd rather an MC#5, HUHC, Reyes, or my absolute favorite minuto, El Prinicipe. At today's prices, I doubt I'll restock Party Shorts. They stratch the itch admirably, but they're just not my favorite. Hard opinions in a hard time for CC.

5 hours ago, jakebarnes said:

King of the minutos. The best

Much agreed @jakebarnes! I also think Partagas Shorts is the king of the Minutos PCs. It's quite similar with Lusitanias' flavor profile but with more kick. I wish I have at least one Partagas Shorts 50 cab so that I can puff tons of these tasty Minutos PCs when I don't have much time to puff long CCs (took 59 minutes to puff).

• Like 2

If I had to pick one cigar to smoke the rest of my life this might be it. It’s at least in the running. I probably own close to 1000 of them ranging from 2006-2021. They are 45 mins-an hour for me. 

• Like 4