Your Vice food

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you really want a vice meal, I give you... The Halal Snack Pack (HSP) Hot chips covered in a pile of kebab meat (beef, lamb, chicken, or go for a mix), melted cheese, and finished o

3x3 animal style whole grilled onions chopped chilis.  

Fried whole belly clams.

8 minutes ago, 99call said:

You've got to love the Japanese, they wrap an order of fried chicken, better than I can wrap my missus Birthday presents.   No detail left unrefined!!!. 

Brilliant !:clap:

I'm a sucker for real fried clams. The kind that were invented in Ipswich Ma. Whole belly, not too big, and cooked just right. Enough to be crispy but not so much that the clams are over cooked. 

b9b4e422-8c92-43b0-a54e-0f94f4271781-KreamNKrone_Clams02.JPG.4fbc804dc1d18c3eb6ff751aacc2d248.JPG

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

The Halal Snack Pack (HSP)

The teenagers walking around my local area seem to be tucking into a version of this.  It's good to know mankind is capable of coming up with the most filthy option in multiple separate locations around the world. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kitchen said:

Add that to harvested snails from your garden and you can include escargot to the list too.   

Your house is a paradise. What other wondrous fruits does it bear? Don't tell me. There's a sustainable oyster bed also. 

3 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

No Fiskeboller?

Lutefisk only at Christmas!

• Haha 1

Cheesesteak wit, extra whizz, and no, neither Pats nor Ginos is worth it.  I'd go with Pats if forced though; they have better meat.  

Jim’s all day. Best sandwich in Philly area is Eve’s lunch in Norristown of all places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Bords said:

Jim’s all day. Best sandwich in Philly area is Eve’s lunch in Norristown of all places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to go with Chubby's.  Steaks are great, plus they have a full bar and less then a block walk from my house.  

On 4/19/2022 at 12:43 PM, dominattorney said:

Your house is a paradise. What other wondrous fruits does it bear? Don't tell me. There's a sustainable oyster bed also. 

No oyster bed, but we do grow our own blackberries.  Grocery store prices are just outrageous, however harvesting them is tedious, so ....  Typically I get way too much to use before they go bad, so I am forced to make blackberry wine with the leftovers.  What a travesty.  

Funny thing about Escargot though, it is not really that expensive to make at home so long as you are fine with using canned snails.  Garden snails are free, but require purging for a few days, and if you have kids, get them to find them.  What kid does not want to play in the dirt looking for snails, plus, no park ranger is going to arrest your kid for "playing with snails."  That would just be government over reach.  

But speaking of earthly pleasures, you should try my thanksgiving day turkey.  I render fat out of scrap pieces of foie gras, mix it with clarified butter plus all of the herbs, and pipe it in under the skin once it stiffens back up.  Throw in my gravy, that takes two days to make, and it is award winning.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kitchen said:

No oyster bed, but we do grow our own blackberries.  Grocery store prices are just outrageous, however harvesting them is tedious, so ....  Typically I get way too much to use before they go bad, so I am forced to make blackberry wine with the leftovers.  What a travesty.  

Funny thing about Escargot though, it is not really that expensive to make at home so long as you are fine with using canned snails.  Garden snails are free, but require purging for a few days, and if you have kids, get them to find them.  What kid does not want to play in the dirt looking for snails, plus, no park ranger is going to arrest your kid for "playing with snails."  That would just be government over reach.  

But speaking of earthly pleasures, you should try my thanksgiving day turkey.  I render fat out of scrap pieces of foie gras, mix it with clarified butter plus all of the herbs, and pipe it in under the skin once it stiffens back up.  Throw in my gravy, that takes two days to make, and it is award winning.  

Sounds amazing 

My vice food is a toffee. I found a place in California that does a "butter crunch" that is like toffee without the chocolate coating and it is fantastic. When I am feeling like breaking out of a diet routine this is the first thing I run for. 

• Like 4