Best dish you have had in the last 30 days?

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Headed back to the States tomorrow, so for our last night in Mallorca, we decided to eat at the restaurant in our hotel. First course was locally caught prawn carpaccio, with beluga caviar and li

@Fuzz just for you Too many to choose from, last night in KL. Compilation of the past week. The cuisine here constantly blows my mind and palate.

My wife asked me what I wanted for birthday and I asked for a brunch. She made all of this by herself. One of the greatest meals I ever had.

3 hours ago, BoliDan said:

I love all yous fancy pants meals. Here's my working man's lunch. Bodega style Reuben with Vienna beef frank on kaiser roll w/ swiss.

Baconeggandcheese on a bagel and cream soda. My Tri-State brothers know this is cultured east coast food.

Yeah, but where the hell did you get that in Colorado?  You even got Dr Browns?  Did you have that flown in or something?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Yeah, but where the hell did you get that in Colorado?  You even got Dr Browns?  Did you have that flown in or something?

Haha. Can thank the great east coast exodus. NYCers move in, and see there's no competition out here. It's no match for a good NYC bodega/deli but it does the trick.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

Bbq grilled fresh sardines with salmoriglio sauce and seafood sausage paella on Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey. The sardines defy description.

I was just on the wharf a couple weeks ago.  Had some amazing fish and abolone.  That paella looks awesome    

• Like 1

The Paella was good but I'm serious about those sardines. I think about them. they were a special so not sure if they are still doing them. I will attempt to replicate lol. I grew up on the wharf as a kid climbing around but only recently did I eat at Cafe Fina upon my sister's recommendation. Great view and ambience and better food than Abalonetti which was my go to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 2:10 PM, ha_banos said:

Had this for lunch Friday. Lamb Kritharaki (Orzo pasta.) Outstanding. It's a simple Greek baked dish. Plenty spices and tomato base. Succulent soft lamb pieces. Fantastic. Oh with some salad so I don't get told off by wife.

We've a local Greek deli here. But they might sell 😞

Great post mate,   I also have a brutal salad overlord! I feel your pain.    Sorry to hear the Deli may move on...roll on another Vape shop/warm bank

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Failed to take pictures because I was too focused on the food, but the dry-aged duck at Boka still takes the cake for me. Had it on Thursday and am still thinking about it a few days later. 

On 4/23/2022 at 3:48 AM, 99call said:

I guess I'm just a little bit saddened by the negative sea change that happened. 

Don't forget one of the biggest changes that has occurred .... the quality of most movies is utterly deplorable these days.  Maybe the food service is designed to distract you from the lackluster movies?  Well, Regal just went bankrupt so maybe there will be some changes.