Best dish you have had in the last 30 days?

It was a side at the gage hotel restaurant out in marathon texas. Squash and chorizo combo thing. Just sort of mixed together, cut up squash and ground choruzo.

So darn good. The steak became the new side. 

If any of yall are familiar with the steak situation at the gage lately, I have it on good authority they're changing suppliers soon, no worries. 

• Like 2

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Headed back to the States tomorrow, so for our last night in Mallorca, we decided to eat at the restaurant in our hotel. First course was locally caught prawn carpaccio, with beluga caviar and li

@Fuzz just for you Too many to choose from, last night in KL. Compilation of the past week. The cuisine here constantly blows my mind and palate.

My wife asked me what I wanted for birthday and I asked for a brunch. She made all of this by herself. One of the greatest meals I ever had.

23 hours ago, RijkdeGooier said:

Ceviche at Vistamar, Miramar, Habana

I ate there on Tuesday night! I really enjoyed the Shrimp Taco's and the fish Croquettes. Service was abysmal though!

I had a stunning Fruti de Mare at El Principe de Corte Thursday night. Extremely rich, fresh pasta and it was overflowing with Shrimp, Lobster, Scallops and Octopus. Everything we had at Santy for Lunch Thursday was amazing as well. Ceviche, Tuna Tataki and a couple sushi plates.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2022 at 11:54 AM, Bill Hayes said:

Haven't been out much at all but been cooking at home a lot. My butcher had some fresh yellowfin tuna so I made a ceviche with lemon juice, tomato and a little cajun spice. Shallow pan fried crispy corn tortilla and had it with a little chipotle mayo and a glass of Tassie Frogmouth Riesling. Pretty good effort. Maybe add red onion next time.

Yum !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My wife was working with a steak house in north NJ that dry ages all of their own meat.  They gave us a 60 day tomahawk steak to take home.  It was great.  

Not having a go.....but I've never understood eating meals in cinemas.   Why?.      Savoury smells of unknown meats in the darkness, always has me wondering if someone really stinks, or whether actually cooked food!?    then all I can think about is........is someones eating food that smells like stinky people?

The only thing i would trust a teenager to cook is popcorn.........and thats only because a machine is actually doing the cooking. 

I cinema menu should read 

- Salt

- Sweet

- Half/Half

But that's just me.    

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BoliDan said:

Alamo Drafthouse?

The Lot in Southern CA. Looks like the same concept, lazy boys + food & drink service at your seat. This use to be our go to spot atleast 2 weekends a month to chill out after a long week, hoping this was a fluke. 

8 hours ago, 99call said:

Not having a go.....but I've never understood eating meals in cinemas.   Why?.      Savoury smells of unknown meats in the darkness, always has me wondering if someone really stinks, or whether actually cooked food!?    then all I can think about is........is someones eating food that smells like stinky people?

The only thing i would trust a teenager to cook is popcorn.........and thats only because a machine is actually doing the cooking. 

I cinema menu should read 

- Salt

- Sweet

- Half/Half

But that's just me.    

I hear ya, thankfully this is the first poor experience I’ve ever had with them or anyone like them. This isn’t to say I’ll ever trust food in a dark room again, but I really enjoy the experience. My personal thought is that they, much like so many other businesses are having a tough time getting back into the swing of things post-covid. 

It’s actually great for a Saturday / Sunday morning. Boozy brunch and a new flix while relaxing is a great way to get your mind into weekend mode. The food is prepared by their attached restaurant that employees a fully staffed kitchen. You should give it a go if there’s one in your neck of the woods. 

On the plus side, even if you don’t indulge in the expanded menu options, the higher price point lends itself to a more adult theatre experience (quieter). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...