Best dish you have had in the last 30 days?

Had a Bloomin onion a couple weeks ago that was amazing 😆  On a serious note I had shrimp cargo at a local Italian restaurant that was amazing.   They have a ceramic plate with 6 wells in it.   Each one has a shrimp, butter, and garlic then the whole thing is covered in melted mozzarella cheese.  Paired with their amazing bread and I was in heaven.  Also I ordered some brazed beef soup dumplings online that are absolutely amazing.  I will say that the chili crisp on them is good but i have a soy based hot sauce from a local hot sauce shop that is amazing on them.

• Like 2

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Headed back to the States tomorrow, so for our last night in Mallorca, we decided to eat at the restaurant in our hotel. First course was locally caught prawn carpaccio, with beluga caviar and li

@Fuzz just for you Too many to choose from, last night in KL. Compilation of the past week. The cuisine here constantly blows my mind and palate.

My wife asked me what I wanted for birthday and I asked for a brunch. She made all of this by herself. One of the greatest meals I ever had.

7 hours ago, BeerPimp said:

Had a Bloomin onion a couple weeks ago that was amazing 😆  On a serious note I had shrimp cargo at a local Italian restaurant that was amazing.   They have a ceramic plate with 6 wells in it.   Each one has a shrimp, butter, and garlic then the whole thing is covered in melted mozzarella cheese.  Paired with their amazing bread and I was in heaven. 

I have never come across that dish?

Similar to this? 

Shrimp Cargot | Seafood dishes, Yummy seafood, Seafood recipes

11 hours ago, BeerPimp said:

Had a Bloomin onion a couple weeks ago that was amazing 😆 

Oh good lord! You had one of those?! After having one at Outback Steakhouse 15years ago, I thought if I never saw one again, it would be too soon!!

Outback Steakhouse Has a 'Loaded Bloomin Onion' With Cheese, Fries

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I have never come across that dish?

Similar to this? 

Shrimp Cargot | Seafood dishes, Yummy seafood, Seafood recipes

Yep, that'd be shrimp cargot.

Not to be confused with shrimp cargo.... :P

shrimp in shipping container : r/Damnthatsinteresting

took family to dinner sat night for Mother’s Day at Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen in DC Wharf. Thank god it was better than expected. Had grilled octopus appetizer. Cooked perfect. Everyone really enjoyed their meals 

11 hours ago, therealrsr said:

see other thread for details, just exquisite.

20230515_190712.jpg

Wow, just wow! That looks like some very good eatin'! Bravo...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 12:39 AM, Fuzz said:

Found a great little Malaysian restaurant near my place. Had a fantastic laksa on Saturday.

I use to eat laksa all the time.  Miss it.  No one makes it or serves kopi anywhere near me 😞

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I use to eat laksa all the time.  Miss it.  No one makes it or serves kopi anywhere near me 😞

That's rough. If I don't get my fix of Malaysian food, I get grumpy. Last week went back to that Malaysian restaurant to try their wat tan hor and mee goreng (plus get some char kway teow). Probably the most authentic mee goreng I have had outside of Malaysia. And the egg gravy for the wat tan hor was exceptional.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, westg said:

Staek tartare , duck fat patatoes a glass of red . Sweet Jesus ,🌴😁

Did you drink that wine before you typed that?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ford2112 said:

Did you drink that wine before you typed that?

And a bit more ...yep it was an afternoon and night Gull of ted..........full of red

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fuzz said:

That's rough. If I don't get my fix of Malaysian food, I get grumpy. Last week went back to that Malaysian restaurant to try their wat tan hor and mee goreng (plus get some char kway teow). Probably the most authentic mee goreng I have had outside of Malaysia. And the egg gravy for the wat tan hor was exceptional.

Mee Goreng; now you're just rubbing it in! 😢

Chicken Biryani in the local Indian restaurant, unfortunately didn't make a picture of that, but the portion was also huge. These days i am following a 7 days diet https://betterme.world/articles/7-day-cabbage-soup-diet/ and all the time thinking about other delicious foods which i will eat when the diet is over. I know i need to take it easily after the seven days , just not sure if that is going to be possible for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...