Best dish you have had in the last 30 days?

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Headed back to the States tomorrow, so for our last night in Mallorca, we decided to eat at the restaurant in our hotel. First course was locally caught prawn carpaccio, with beluga caviar and li

@Fuzz just for you Too many to choose from, last night in KL. Compilation of the past week. The cuisine here constantly blows my mind and palate.

My wife asked me what I wanted for birthday and I asked for a brunch. She made all of this by herself. One of the greatest meals I ever had.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not one to buy my meat online but I have been getting bored with my local options and been buying a bunch of Iberico pork….man, phenomenal. I have done pluma, secreto, and abanico. Super hot charcoals, some salt, super simple…medium rare…I have done chimichurri, tomatillo salsa, and habanero salsa with it. I’m hooked. 

• Like 3

No photos but has to be my wife’s mole from a week ago. It’s not a regular occurrence but always special to have home made mole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 10/2/2023 at 9:33 AM, El Hoze said:

Oxtail cooked for 7 hours in a bath of onions, carrots, tomatoes, and garlic. Mashed potatoes half potato, half butter. Old Brunello. I said to my wife this is the best thing I have put in my mouth in a long time, ethereal. Need a long run tomorrow. 

Oxtail is special and sounds like a typical preparation.  Very nice.  Instapot can knock off 4-5 hours.

18 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Oxtail is special and sounds like a typical preparation.  Very nice.  Instapot can knock off 4-5 hours.

I have an instapot, they are very helpful if you’re trying to speed things up. I like to go old school though if possible and like the old enameled dutch oven low and slow. I actually like that it takes longer most days…gives me more time to smoke cigars while I wait!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Hoze said:

I have an instapot, they are very helpful if you’re trying to speed things up. I like to go old school though if possible and like the old enameled dutch oven low and slow. I actually like that it takes longer most days…gives me more time to smoke cigars while I wait!

We cooked hominy as a side for dinner last night.  After being soaked overnight, it took 45 minutes in the Instapot to cook.  I wonder how long it would've taken in the Le Creuset?  Sure, if it's a weekend cook, time is plentiful. 

We put two steel sheets in the oven that helps tremendously when cooking/baking.  Hold temps better and radiates when pans are directly placed on it.

7 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

We cooked hominy as a side for dinner last night.  After being soaked overnight, it took 45 minutes in the Instapot to cook.  I wonder how long it would've taken in the Le Creuset?  Sure, if it's a weekend cook, time is plentiful. 

We put two steel sheets in the oven that helps tremendously when cooking/baking.  Hold temps better and radiates when pans are directly placed on it.

Exactly. I am pretending to be retired for two more weeks so practicality will soon be an issue for me again!

15 hours ago, El Hoze said:

Exactly. I am pretending to be retired for two more weeks so practicality will soon be an issue for me again!

The supermarket down the street will steam their fresh lobsters for free of charge.  We'll buy a few to make lobster mac and cheese.  Twice as much lobster as the steak houses do.  The caucuses go in the Instapot to make lobster broth we use for seafood paella.  Instapot excels for that. 

The whole house smells like a seafood shack, which I & the dog don't mind, but wife not so much.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

The whole house smells like a seafood shack, which I & the dog don't mind, but wife not so much.

Smoke a cigar in the house after you make your stock.  That should help get rid of the seafood shack smell she doesn't like 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Smoke a cigar in the house after you make your stock.  That should help get rid of the seafood shack smell she doesn't like 😁

Wet dog, frying fish, and cigar is a typical weekend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

The supermarket down the street will steam their fresh lobsters for free of charge.  We'll buy a few to make lobster mac and cheese.  Twice as much lobster as the steak houses do.  The caucuses go in the Instapot to make lobster broth we use for seafood paella.  Instapot excels for that. 

My wife is nuts about the house not smelling like food! I’ve adapted by doing more cooking outside!