Best dish you have had in the last 30 days?

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Headed back to the States tomorrow, so for our last night in Mallorca, we decided to eat at the restaurant in our hotel. First course was locally caught prawn carpaccio, with beluga caviar and li

@Fuzz just for you Too many to choose from, last night in KL. Compilation of the past week. The cuisine here constantly blows my mind and palate.

My wife asked me what I wanted for birthday and I asked for a brunch. She made all of this by herself. One of the greatest meals I ever had.

I’m still having trouble looking at an egg since @Fuzz described a different version recently 🤢

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Nevrknow said:

Got home from working out of town. I know it’s the beginning of the month but I’m pretty sure this will last all of March.

Birthday on Monday so I’m surprised with 2” filet and a combo of baby Bella, lions mane and king oyster mushrooms!

Damn I’m in heaven. Firing up an Espy on the back deck afterwards. Might be early for my birthday but don’t care! 😂

Happy birthday John!  Enjoy that Espy. That’s what they’re for. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nevrknow said:

Got home from working out of town. I know it’s the beginning of the month but I’m pretty sure this will last all of March.

Birthday on Monday so I’m surprised with 2” filet and a combo of baby Bella, lions mane and king oyster mushrooms!

Damn I’m in heaven. Firing up an Espy on the back deck afterwards. Might be early for my birthday but don’t care! 😂

Happy Bday @Nevrknow! Dat filet looks so tasty as oily sheen CCs 👍

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2024 at 3:52 PM, Pmo13 said:

Homemade Lomo Saltado a few weeks back. I’ll go to my grave saying this is the best dish on the planet (especially after tying a few on) that basically nobody knows about.

Whats not to love about a spicy, tangy, beef stir fry loaded with literal fries?

So many dishes in this thread are way beyond my reach (and interest), but not this one. My wife is going to try and make it tonight. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

So many dishes in this thread are way beyond my reach (and interest), but not this one. My wife is going to try and make it tonight. 

The aji amarillo paste is the key! If you’ve got that ready to go, you’re already halfway there! I’m sure it’s not *super* authentic, but I swear by the jarred “Inca foods” brand you can get off Amazon.

We got lucky and found it at a local Colombian food market down the road. (The only one within a five hour radius, and it's three blocks from me). 

The challenge there is that my wife doesn't like the heat as much as I do. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 5:04 AM, Pmo13 said:

Smoked my first brisket of the season last night and hooo boy did it come out perfect. 18lb (pre-trim) USDA Prime, dry brined over night with a coarse ground salt/pepper/garlic rub and a southwestern spice blend. 8 hours in the smoke with Texas Post Oak and Hickory and then finished off in the oven after I wrapped.

Did you buy the brisket at Costco? They have prime whole briskets for a good price.  

I like to do all roasts and yard birds in smoker and then move to the oven. Looks terrific.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Did you buy the brisket at Costco? They have prime whole briskets for a good price.  

I like to do all roasts and yard birds in smoker and then move to the oven. Looks terrific.

Exactly where I got it! I’ll never understand why more people don’t spring for the membership. I had originally planned on grabbing a pork butt or belly to smoke, but couldn’t pass up the brisket after looking over the stock.

1 hour ago, Pmo13 said:

Exactly where I got it!

I picked up a whole prime strip to dry age        at Costco.  It was $11.99 lb which seems reasonable in today's economy.  This weekend will be two weeks in.  I think we'll cut the first steak on Friday.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...