On your deathbed - what do you pull from your humidor?

54 minutes ago, Jack said:

If I won't die until I finish the cigar then its going to be the Partagas Visible Inmenso.  Yup, current inventory.

Impressive, this would not fit in my humidor.

Tough question.

Hoyo De Monterrey Le Hoyo du Dauphin, graciously received as a gift.

• Like 2

if you are on your deathbed, you are not going to care. 

now, if you want to know what one would smoke, if say the world was about to end so you could actually enjoy it, that is different. perhaps a tang monarcha, i think i have one last 2002 SLR DC or one of Hamlet's best. 

• Like 4

For sentimentality sake, an old 1990s bundle of JLP Cazzies in the yellow cello.   I remember how excited i used to get ordering from the super basic websites in Switzerland, and in the pit off my stomach feeling like I was the victim of a scam.........then a week later 'ding dong!' the postie was at the door, just magic!

I haven't had one for years, as it would break my heart if the recent ones were truly terrible.  I remember sitting in my old family home, smoking them in the sunshine, dreaming of a Cuban sunset, and the sound of the sea. 

• Like 4

*I'm thinking about my last remaining Che cigar I'd gotten from Mitchell Orchant years ago; and my last remaining Behike 56 that has been lasting because that's not my favorite size among others. I have 8 Flor de Farruch's left. I'm thinking that since I'm on my deathbed I'm NOT going to enjoy them, so I'll be leaving them to my cousin in Bowling Green, Kentucky to enjoy.

• Like 3

If I’m able to handle the length of time, I have a single Parti Salomones I bought nearly 20 yrs ago. If time is short, then the first CC I had…Monte 4 for the reminiscing.

• Like 1

I'm not waiting for a "special" occasion or my deathbed to smoke any specific cigar, so there's really nothing I've got that I'm "holding" for some other moment.  Aging, yes but I'd be pretty pissed off if I was holding a magical moment cigar that I waited until death day to puff on.

For my last cigar on earth, most of you know my answer - I'd want my favorite of course - Esplendidos!  Any one from any box will do just fine.

I'm anxious to see what @SigmundChurchill has to say 😁

• Haha 2

Something we know is a rocknrolla that’s gonna be a 95+. Current box of MDO4 from ‘16 would be choice at this current time. Maybe a visit from the partial box of SP Molinos acquired in Spain last year. Also, along with the Pres, 4 of Santero 11.

As to something like a Dunhill Havana Club, pre ‘99 Monte A or the like? You all know it would be an acrid, plugged and wonky ‘effin’ figures’ moment as you’ve met your end….🤣

• Like 2

I know what I don't want to pull from the humidor.  Any of the Monte 2s that I bought when my son was born, the remainder of which I plan to smoke on his wedding day.  With luck, they'd have gone.  Similarly any of the Reyes I bought when my daughter was born, the remainder of which I plan to smoke on her wedding day.  With luck, they'd have gone too.

If I call it perfectly, I'd have finished all the MdO2s I have left, with friends.  

Which leaves me with one last RASS.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fuzz said:

All of them. There are too many vultures circling, eyeing off my humidor contents!

Damn Straight... If you smoke all of them. we will use the viking burial rites for you instead. 

I would choose cigars that I have fonds memories of the moment I smoked them. Cohiba Double Corona, Cohiba Siglo VI, Hdm Des Dieux, First Original N1 & N3. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chibearsv said:

I'm not waiting for a "special" occasion or my deathbed to smoke any specific cigar, so there's really nothing I've got that I'm "holding" for some other moment.  Aging, yes but I'd be pretty pissed off if I was holding a magical moment cigar that I waited until death day to puff on.

For my last cigar on earth, most of you know my answer - I'd want my favorite of course - Esplendidos!  Any one from any box will do just fine.

I'm anxious to see what @SigmundChurchill has to say 😁

I'm tempted to say one of the Collection Book cigars I have, but if I knew it was my last, I think I would have to have one last Siglo VI.  

I would dig through the back of the humidor for the oldest box I have, which I think is 2013.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 99call said:

For sentimentality sake, an old 1990s bundle of JLP Cazzies in the yellow cello.   I remember how excited i used to get ordering from the super basic websites in Switzerland, and in the pit off my stomach feeling like I was the victim of a scam.........then a week later 'ding dong!' the postie was at the door, just magic!

I haven't had one for years, as it would break my heart if the recent ones were truly terrible.  I remember sitting in my old family home, smoking them in the sunshine, dreaming of a Cuban sunset, and the sound of the sea. 

I remember that feeling well. Also the omg the government will get me feeling. Like a spy. A spy who got scammed. 

1 hour ago, Lord Verulam said:

Pretty sure if I was in my death bed the last thing I would do is reach for a cigar lol but if I had to, I’d probably just go with a rg perla

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the same wavelength - hand me a Party Short and let’s flatline this show.

• Like 1