FOH'ers Daily Smoke

On 4/29/2021 at 2:51 AM, smbauerllc said:

RyJ Mille Fleurs
Always tasty and with consistently good burn,draw and construction.
Hard to beat for the price

What box code was yours?

• Replies 87.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

24 minutes ago, Luca said:

Thank you @JohnS for this surprisingly good QdO No.50. I enjoyed this on the weekend.

I first smoked these upon their release. From a split with Myself and @JohnS. After smoking a couple (including the 54) we agreed that they started off brilliantly with notes of toasted brioche with a touch of orange citrus. Keeping in line with it's DNA (Oh gosh when will the QdO Corona come back?!). However we both found that the 50 and 54 lost its flavour profile (and sometimes construction) past the first inch.

This No.50 was very different. I deliberately let it rest in my humidor for a while. John - do you remember the box code? 

This cigar smoked very well. Construction was great and the flavours of toasted tobacco, brioche and nuts was very prevalent. Perhaps these are like the QdO Corona where they have a sick period for the first 2 years and at 5 years they smoke brilliantly. Who knows. 

Keen to hear your thoughts on this FoH. What do you think?

Happy smoking.

Luca

Of course, it was my pleasure. The box code was LMB Jun 2019 and you rested that a good 12 months in your humidor. I've found these Quai d'Orsay No.50s and 54s somewhat fickle; either they're brilliant pastry-textured sticks or you're trying not to choke on a charred wood and spice log! Okay, I exaggerate but depending on the person you either tolerate this inconsistency, ignore it or manage it as best you can if the latest Quai d'Orsay releases are to your liking.

Oh and by the way, the Qdo Coronas Claro has just recently been seen again after a hiatus period after the Qdo 50 and 54 were introduced and proved (to be) so popular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Puros Y Vino said:
These are the oldest ones I have. The difference I notice is they stay full bodied but they're more smooth and more refined. A fresh D4 is great but having the patience to sit on a box or two can pay off nicely. 

Nice to hear.
I love the PSD4 and all I've had have been 2019 and 2020 and they are great, but really looking forward to one with some age to compare

12 hours ago, yadegari6 said:
2006 trini robusto extra gifted to me from a stranger I met in Cuba that ended up becoming a good friend. The cigar community is full of wonderful people.

It certainly is.
I have gotten 5 or 6 packages of really nice smokes gifted to me in about the last month just from questions I posted or offhand comments I made.
Very generous community for sure, its amazing

11 hours ago, LLC said:
MEL DIC 16 Sir Winnie.

See these mentioned fairly often and they get very good reviews.
Will need to try and track some down in a private sale since I can't find them as singles anywhere

2 hours ago, Luca said:
What box code was yours?

Everything I have been getting recently is 2019 or 2020.
They seem to be regarded as exceptionally good years for cc's.
I know even with just a month or 2 of rest and acclimation they have been smoking great in my experience

21 minutes ago, Lrabold89 said:

Stop kidding yourself because all your CC heroes say they’re good …that flavor Sucks dude lol ….be honest emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha one of the best cigars I ever had was an aged SPB. Flavors worked for me on this young one! Lots of CC hero’s love partagas, just isn’t my favorite. So see I can be original 😂😂😂

• Like 2