Let's talk about watches...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

Yep! Through Sunnyside (pic 1) to Astoria (pic 2).

Dinner at Piccola Venezia last night.

Finished the evening at Astoria Park, ill-equipped, no cigar. Funny how things change, lots of 20 somethings smoking h00ka (perfectly legal I don’t know why it was automatically edited) on the waterfront.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...
  • JohnS changed the title to Let's talk about watches...
7 hours ago, captaincaveman said:

Love my S&G Omega Aqua Terra

0BD21428-4FF2-48B7-9B7A-87094150EBD7.jpeg

I have an Aqua Terra too, but an earlier version (2007 model). Now that I no longer have a desk job, I find it harder to find an opportunity to wear it.

• Like 3

The watch keeps time to about 10 seconds per day.  Not bad even by today’s standards for a non-chronometer mechanical watch. My company buys and sells vintage watches, but we also service them to make sure they function properly. 

3 minutes ago, farfo said:

The watch keeps time to about 10 seconds per day.  Not bad even by today’s standards for a non-chronometer mechanical watch. My company buys and sells vintage watches, but we also service them to make sure they function properly. 

Very nice. I bet you have more to show us... 

16 hours ago, HabanosLuva said:

So many nice watches posted. There is some debate on whether it's an actual vintage or not, maybe a 'Frankenwatch'. Either way, I purchased because I enjoy all things Habanos related that has a logo.

20191212_215020.jpg

Yes.  I've seen a number of these 'vintage' watches available at the flea market in Havana.  

52 minutes ago, farfo said:

Are you Swiss based?

56 minutes ago, RDB said:

Very nice. I bet you have more to show us... 

12 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Are you Swiss based?

12 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Are you Swiss based?

Based in the USA.  It wasn't my intent to advertise but you can see my vintage watches at timeplex.com and farfo.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, El Hoze said:

57270E32-415F-48C9-B315-4F3CB43D75E4.jpeg

The IWC PA is such a beautiful and elegant watch :ok: I was actually contemplating the PA when purchasing my BP, but vent with the BP in the end for the same reason you mention - it being a bit more 'casual' than the PA (and the fact that my large wrists actually can carry the size of the BP :rolleyes:).

But the PA just oozes elegance..........so beautiful :wub:

• Like 1