Let's talk about watches...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

9 minutes ago, nino said:

Considering this Steinhart Ceramic GMT model - any input ?

My main concern is the metal band as I have had bad experiences due to hairy wrist.

steinhart gmt_keramik_neu_002.jpeg

I have the same watch in Titanium.  I really like it.  Very well made, accurate, and a fantastic watch by all measure.  The Titanium model is hardly a lightweight, so I'd expect the stainless to be quite weighty.  Steinhart does a fabulous job of offering high quality at terrific prices. 

You can always cut down the hair length on your arms some...

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BrightonCorgi said:

You can always cut down the hair length on your arms some...

Thanks @BrightonCorgi - much appreciated input !!.

Guess I'd rather go for their Kautschuckband or rubber band before I start shaving off my wrist ?

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/de/kautschukband-neu-20x16-mm-fuer-ocean-39-mit-schliesse-pink-gold.html

1 hour ago, nino said:

Thanks @BrightonCorgi - much appreciated input !!.

Guess I'd rather go for their Kautschuckband or rubber band before I start shaving off my wrist ?

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/de/kautschukband-neu-20x16-mm-fuer-ocean-39-mit-schliesse-pink-gold.html

You can get cut half length and see if that still pulls.

The Steinhart bracelets are a copy of Rolex’s Oyster bracelet. I’ve never had an issue pulling hairs with either my Submariner bracelet, Tudor BB58 bracelet or any other bracelet of the same design. The hair nippers are the poorly finished ones with folded links. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2021 at 10:18 PM, nino said:

Considering this Steinhart Ceramic GMT model - any input ?

My main concern is the metal band as I have had bad experiences due to hairy wrist.

steinhart gmt_keramik_neu_002.jpeg

ETA movements have been good to me, i'm actually surprised they could offer this for that price with a ETA movement. I'm a little put off by the Rolex hands, but all in all I think this watch will do what its supposed to do. The band looks the same as a Omega and Rolex, im not that hairy on the wrists, never had a problem with hairs being pulled out. You could always fit a nice NATO or rubber band. For rubber definitely consider a Isofrane band, I think these are the most comfortable bands ive ever had.

8 hours ago, DanWil84 said:

ETA movements have been good to me, i'm actually surprised they could offer this for that price with a ETA movement. I'm a little put off by the Rolex hands, but all in all I think this watch will do what its supposed to do. The band looks the same as a Omega and Rolex, im not that hairy on the wrists, never had a problem with hairs being pulled out. You could always fit a nice NATO or rubber band. For rubber definitely consider a Isofrane band, I think these are the most comfortable bands ive ever had.

@DanWil84 Thanks for the detailed information. The price is indeed very attractive considering the ETA movement and ceramic ring.
Had problems with some metal bands, torn hair and had to return a watch.
I like the Samsung Gear S3 rubber band I have now.
Good news is that I've tried the metal band and had no problems with it, so I'll go for it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nino said:

@DanWil84 Thanks for the detailed information. The price is indeed very attractive considering the ETA movement and ceramic ring.

12 hours ago, DanWil84 said:

ETA movements have been good to me, i'm actually surprised they could offer this for that price with a ETA movement. I'm a little put off by the Rolex hands, but all in all I think this watch will do what its supposed to do.

My model has slightly different hands and the movement is well decorated and all that.  Here's a couple of pictures.  I am not surprised they can offer this caliber of watch for the money.  The margins are so high on brands like Rolex and Omega; it's a slap in the face if you knew what it cost them to make...

GMT hand is behind the hour hand in this picture.

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4559.jpg

• Like 3

Must admit I like your model a lot more! I think it's astonishing they can sell it at that price, really nice. I have a Stowa Flieger which was twice the price with a normal ETA automatic date movement, they are even more expensive now.

. Slap a Rolex or Omega tag on a turd and suddenly is 24k gold, just the name increases it with several K next to supply and demand effects. My Omega 2254 also has a by omega modified ETA movement which sells second hand for twice or trice the money I paid.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

• Thanks 2

@DanWil84 & @BrightonCorgi - Thanks for all the input guys !

Was on video call with my best Flemish buddy just now and we went through 45 mins of watch talk as he has a large collection, mostly Seiko and some high end stuff.
In the end we found a Swiss made "Pepsi" GMT model for a fraction of the Steinhart price ... ( I know hard to believe ) that I have just ordered.
Don't know why but I like the classic Pepsi look better - bought my first classic Rolex GMT back in 1979 in Singapore for a ridiculous price and sold it for triple the amount a decade later when they became so fashionable that everybody & his grand mother would wear one ...
Now I miss it ...
It will be here Monday and I will see how it is, band is same metal model as Steinhart. The good thing is that if it is not to my liking my buddy will take it and I will order the Steinhart one ?

SWISSGMT.jpg.384b8ee90f95aab3ef876f3784e6289b.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, HDGSN said:

Now if only they will make a Tudor Black Bay GMT in the 58 size!

This is 41 so quite sure 58 wouldn’t fit my small wrist ?

• Like 2

Man those Rolex are just awesome. I’m very happy with my PO but might need a Rollie (as my son calls them) for my 50th. I’ve always loved the deep sea although it seems to be a polarizing watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk