Let's talk about watches...

40 minutes ago, alpyigit said:

Thanks. I had the bracelet version also but a distant friend said that it was the watch of his dreams and would be a great gift for his wedding etc. I kind of sold at a give away price (AND gifted him a box of cigars to enjoy at his wedding) to see him flipping in exactly two months at 50% more than what I sold for. (this was pre sport steel craze, now the price is double almost). I will probably get the titanium version at some point. 

What a friend; he flips your gift to him for a profit.  Wow.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

Damn you Pres! :)

After saying I wasn't "an automatic watch person". This came in the post today.

CuervoySobrinos.jpg.b2b9fca62189510bf1954f78f61a3598.jpg

Not an anniversary edition but I like the colour of this one.

My wife is worried that I have become a "watch person" now and is making a list of other vices I have to give up.

I have reassured her it's not a "watch thing", but a "Cuba thing" and makes up for not being able to go this month!

Besides, I got it used, half price from a European dealer (authorised on the Cuervo y Sobrinos website) and I have two bottles of whiskey up for auction on Friday on Irish Whiskey Auctions, that will easily cover the cost.

It's comfortable on the wrist.

I have to say, that’s a fine looking time piece you’ve got there! Kinda like a bolder, Dalí-esque Tank. Congrats!

21 hours ago, alpyigit said:

Thanks. I had the bracelet version also but a distant friend said that it was the watch of his dreams and would be a great gift for his wedding etc. I kind of sold at a give away price (AND gifted him a box of cigars to enjoy at his wedding) to see him flipping in exactly two months at 50% more than what I sold for. (this was pre sport steel craze, now the price is double almost). I will probably get the titanium version at some point. 

Yuck, what a heel.

On 2/3/2021 at 4:36 AM, alpyigit said:

Fwit 

1 hour ago, bwgan said:

Picked up this 1950's Omega Jumbo at an auction.  Its currently off on a 6 month Swiss spa break in Biel/Bienne getting overhauled and the strap/buckle replaced with genuine parts

PXL-20201210-084138238.jpg

Sending a watch to Biel takes forever to get back.  I sent an Omega there twice and it was at least 6 months to get back each time.  I have family in Biel and couple of times had watches serviced by indy watch repair places when I visited. 

A lot of old watches, there are no longer parts so they have to be cut and made on demand.  Even for big names like Omega and Rolex.

22 hours ago, houdini said:

20210205_202614.thumb.jpg.a1010fd0dfeff957e1f4f729d39eeb3d.jpg

Hodinkee's newest Blancpain Milspec. Its perfect!

Keep coming back to look at this. Always loved the 50 Fathoms but this is tops. Congratulations on a beautiful piece. Time to sell my Sea Dweller and Sub..

• 2 weeks later...

Steel. The lampshade in that room is awful!!

The watch on the other hand is gorgeous! O can't get over there level of finish for a watch at that price. It's far superior to the omegas at that price point

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just preordered this. Yes, it’s another integrated bracelet, blue dial watch like so many that came out in the last couple of years. But in my opinion, this is very well executed (and Tissot’s marketing spiel is that it’s based on the Tissot PRX from the 70s). And now that they came out with this mechanical version, powered by their Powermatic 80 movement, I couldn’t resist. I’ll post real pics when it arrives in June. 

FB969CB3-6369-4206-8571-7E4FBA770662.thumb.jpeg.6f18932c5a3cfed956955fdd64cee4bf.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tdm_86 said:

I just preordered this. Yes, it’s another integrated bracelet, blue dial watch like so many that came out in the last couple of years. But in my opinion, this is very well executed (and Tissot’s marketing spiel is that it’s based on the Tissot PRX from the 70s). And now that they came out with this mechanical version, powered by their Powermatic 80 movement, I couldn’t resist. I’ll post real pics when it arrives in June. 

FB969CB3-6369-4206-8571-7E4FBA770662.thumb.jpeg.6f18932c5a3cfed956955fdd64cee4bf.jpeg

Reminds me of the GP Laureato

Laureato-1[1].jpg

• Like 1