Let's talk about watches...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

I've liked Panerai watches for some time. One can never say never, but it's highly doubtful I'll ever have one. Never pulled the trigger on a Citizen Gran Touring Signature. So this past week, I stumbled upon this - Reactor Fermi. It is a battery watch, which I've not had for eons, but for just over U.S. $150, I figured I'd take a shot. Just got it, but even nicer than I expected. (the pic is crap and does no justice)

reactor fermi.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, alpyigit said:

IMG_0070.JPG.a5ea702196da0221bbfa60ec1acc1da1.JPG

Wow  I have had/worn them all except the Patek. The steel Aquanaut is my bucket list watch especially the time traveler but the wait is obscene. I remember  the days when u could buy a nautilus out of the caseat msrp. Im on the waitlist for any steel or wg aquanaut or naulitis. Fingers crossed

On 9/7/2020 at 10:32 PM, FHFinster said:

Might want to check out the new Oyster Perpetual Pres

c4a21ed03371a138be441a55010cec2e.plist

Yes Rolex is paying homage to long term collectors with this color. The average buyer will never know it

On 7/12/2020 at 2:52 PM, Edward7 said:

My first nice watch was a Cartier roadster chrono. Not much of a watch with its ETA movement and all. But keeping it anyway though I haven’t worn it since 2012. 

Second is a 116520 black stainless Daytona. The one watch id pick over all watches if I had to wear one the rest of my life. 

Last one is my Audemars Piguet which is fun but not as good of a movement as the one found in the Daytona. Spent months being fixed at the manufacture multiple times. Also a scratch magnet. 

(Sub and gold Daytona are my dad’s not mine)

C90819D9-E806-40B3-978F-A4DCD62E6636.jpeg

B0FAA448-0673-4173-8EC1-1E374683F855.jpeg

Now were talking. Steel RO chrono is def in my top 5 watches ever. Great example

2 hours ago, Winchester21 said:

Picked this up at retail a couple weeks ago Rolex Hulk 40mm green dial/bezel. The. a week later it was discontinued. Prices have shot into the stratosphere. Mspr is 9400.  Ive seen it in Chrono 24 for as much as 34k. Fighting an urge ti cash out but I really like the watch with casual dress. Leaning toward not selling

image.jpg

I'd hold on to that. Then again if the Hulk prices break $40k...

3 hours ago, tallguy said:

Years ago I decided on a classic, and I don't regret it.

watch.jpg.2b4ca4574fbaab6db37c3e0384497493.jpg

Had a black one just like it. Daily wear back in  eraly 2000s nice example

1 hour ago, GolfT3 said:

A few long-term keepers image.jpeg.5050a1cb71456e2d00424703d55d2786.jpeg

One of my biggest mistakes in watch collecting was trading my batman GMT like yours a few years back. If i see one at anything near a decent price I will buy another one. On the list at my AD for a new one. I think changing the bracelet was a mistake but I like both styles