Let's talk about watches...

2 hours ago, BarryVT said:

Man I am tough on watches, would not drop the kind of money you guys did on your watches. After a year, my Tag looks like I got thrown down a rocky slope! 

Tags are made for that. Send them a pic, your activities and they'll like its still going. My Omega has been to South America snorkeling, Puerto Rico hiking, NY dwelling, Texas in the army, and more.  Ive replaced all the knobs in the 40 years ive had it. Its infantry proof 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

5 hours ago, BarryVT said:

Man I am tough on watches, would not drop the kind of money you guys did on your watches. After a year, my Tag looks like I got thrown down a rocky slope! 

Ive had my 2-tone Sub for 20 years and have not had I serviced yet (will send her in soon) and have dropped it on tile flooring several times and hasn't missed a beat. Im sure if I had a cheaper watch it'd be a wash!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I have shown watches and I am wearing interesting one today. Yesterday too.

One on the left is the first I ever got in London UK, 2008. One on the right is my newest one which I posted before. But last week changed the band to match tiles in rotating dial around face. Got it in La Jolla, California this year.

0F24DE7D-F1FF-4D4A-AA76-6FCAC15DDE9C.thumb.jpeg.3353a79f9b488708181b5cf8c0397199.jpeg

CB

• Like 4

Love the straight up Explorer. I have more watches than I should but these three together make up about 80% of my wear time. White gold BLRO, Explorer, and IWC Portuguese Automatic. Feel like they are all classics. 

9F7B7CD0-2BE7-4F8A-9742-6BF9AD8A71F8.thumb.jpeg.c9abc49dce3f20389ab01e3def0709bb.jpeg

That’s a perfect set. I need an IWC pilot and Omega MOTFM or First in Space in my rotation. 

The Polar Explorer II is my current weekend watch until I suck it up and buy the sub, even though i go back and forth on whether I love it or hate it. 

The watch bug bites much much harder than the cigar bug.  But just like the cigar bug, I wish it had bit me sooner.

Send some love to your Pepsi for me

• Like 2

3 hours ago, N8Allen said:

Got this a couple weeks ago. It’s an extremely divisive Rolex, but makes me love it more. ?

04EBA564-9422-494D-97D5-D66C444B7683.jpeg

I will admit I disliked the two-tone sub & sd for a long time until a coworker bought a TT sub and I saw it in the wild on a regular basis. They look great in real life! 

If I ever trade up from my Milgauss, it will probably be one of these.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GinFizzLove said:

I will admit I disliked the two-tone sub & sd for a long time until a coworker bought a TT sub and I saw it in the wild on a regular basis. They look great in real life! 

If I ever trade up from my Milgauss, it will probably be one of these.

As did I... I wasn’t entirely certain how I felt about it, but opportunity presented itself and I could sell it easily enough if I didn’t like it. It grew on me quite quickly. I really like it a lot. A month ago I bought the car of my dreams and I wanted a watch with a bit of flash to go with it. The 43mm size is perfect for me. The DSSD is tad large for me. I wanted a bit of flash at 43mm. Perfect ?

On 3/28/2019 at 2:25 AM, Fuzz said:

Probably using a silicon oxide coating, if it is to be clear. Not really that odd. Lots of things get coated nowadays. If you've ever been around metals that are exposed to the elements (eg marine fixtures, car wheels, light fixtures, etc), a lot of them do have a coating to increase wear resistance and corrosion.

And, of course, cars are getting clear wrapped also with self healing characteristics. Mine has it all over the front half to prevent chips/dings. Can’t imagine not having it now. 

• JohnS changed the title to Let's talk about watches...