Let's talk about watches...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

Received this on my birthday a month ago. IWC Pilot Chronograph Le Petit Prince. Had to swap out the bands and put the deployment clasp on it946a8ead1d695bf80222e8b3b72ac26a.jpg98ad0f38c25c4d0950807bcc23982a66.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a little prince tattoo. I’m a HUGE fan of Exupery. I’ll be buying one of those next. Beautiful watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I knew there would be a watch thread here haha. 

I wear one of two daily. Right now I have a black stainless Daytona 116520 from 2012 which keeps perfect time 6 years in. Well, maybe it sped up about 2 seconds/day since new. The other is a less robust/reliable and more delicate Audemars Piguet 26320 stainless steel with plain black dial. I truly wear them 50/50 which is a miracle considering my penchant for favoritism. My first nice watch was not one that watch snobs would revere, a Cartier Roadster Chronograph which I still keep and won’t sell. It just sits in the drawer, unwound and unloved but never forgotten. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12.6.2018 at 5:12 PM, liquid360 said:
On 12.6.2018 at 5:54 AM, Fuzz said:
Correction:
Dudette!!!! There's a watch near your frog!!!!

No, dude works for both men/women. It’s unisex now.

The real thing you dudettes got wrong is - it's a toad, not a frog  :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fugu said:

The real thing you dudettes got wrong is - it's a toad, not a frog  :P

The watches on all are wonderful, even if their toad knowledge is iffy :lol: Thanks guys!

Have my eyes on my next watch, Rolex. Hmmm or maybe Omega. My brother has made his obsession mine too. Perhaps it is genetic? Will be watch number four.

CB

I'll wear whichever watch is wound or my quartz Omega which is always ready to wear... 

I'd like to buy a watch winder some day.  What are some good brands for 4-6 watches that don't cost a banker's mint?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I'll wear whichever watch is wound or my quartz Omega which is always ready to wear... 

I'd like to buy a watch winder some day.  What are some good brands for 4-6 watches that don't cost a banker's mint?

I have a Wolf that holds three watches and works very well. You can get them barebones or with some options.

• Like 2

I have a Wolf that holds three watches and works very well. You can get them barebones or with some options.

I have a Wolf single winder that stopped working long after the warranty expired but they sent me a replacement at a heavily discounted price. Happy with the winder and service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Wolf is nice quality for the money. I have a double Viceroy 2.7 winder. Overstock.com has good pricing on Wolf. Bought mine there.

• Like 2

I have an XTELARY 4+6 watch winder, that I bought off eBay. Haven't had a problem with it, though, I have only one gripe. My old one had a little handle on the lid for opening, but the new one doesn't, so I have to use two hands to open the lid.

I was told by somebody that I should put it on a timer to reduce the total amount of turns per day (mine is currently set for 180 minutes for every 10 minutes of bi-directional rotation), but I never did that for my previous watch winder, and I had no problems previously. Supposedly, my Omega Aqua Terra needs a minimum of 650 TPD to get from 0 to 100% (if the watch is being wound non-stop in the vertical plane). With 6-8 turns per minute, there would be approximately 480-640 turns per day, on my current setting.

Edit: Actually, there is one more gripe. The cushions you put your watch on are bloody small! I don't have a large wrist, but I still have to pack out the back of the cushion so the watch stays on. Don't know why they changed the holder design, as the older models used a bigger, softer cushion to strap your watch to.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Time to bring this one back to the front. Mr. Beaver is the one! Been one of those years. Surgery, wedding, etc, etc. And my birthday in a couple of weeks.
Saw lots in NYC but chose to buy in Canada.
She’s a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Just,  with diamonds and white gold around the face. Stainless band. But that face is interchangeable with others? News to me! 
ABD7258B-3A23-4331-ACB5-305AC534DE3D.thumb.jpeg.e4100b6ca282969c737b4ef832adb96c.jpeg

Congrats!!! Beautiful time piece!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Anyone familiar with this? Found it going through a box of stuff I hadn’t seen in years. It was my dad’s, but I’ve never been one to wear a watch...so into the box it went. 

IMG_3476.thumb.JPG.b1e61b0ef19b5e1bcc342285be6974f6.JPG

12 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

Anyone familiar with this? Found it going through a box of stuff I hadn’t seen in years. It was my dad’s, but I’ve never been one to wear a watch...so into the box it went. 

That looks like a 1960/70s model Seastar.

36 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

That’s a nice little Swiss automatic right there. I believe this Seastar is circa 1970. Fun shape case with a nice date window at the three. The movement is cal 2481. It’s a great watch to wear around and think of your dad, but from a dollar standpoint I think excellent examples go for around $500. 

• JohnS changed the title to Let's talk about watches...