Let's talk about watches...

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I have a Titanium watch that is coated, so maybe not so uncommon then.  I think that watch they may have added some tint to it.

As an aside, that watch I put in the link is pretty sharp, no?

A lot of companies are also moving away from gold plating and going for gold PVD (which typically has a titanium PVD base).

As for the Creux, have to agree, it does look pretty sharp. Not exactly the kind of watch I'd go for, but it looks good. I quite like the look of the bracelet.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

47 minutes ago, Cigar_83 said:

I seen this watch service where you pay monthly and the company send you watches obviously various brands.  Has anyone ever tried such a service? 

Anything good?  Are pre-sized?  How much a month.  Sounds like it could be a neat idea, but would be expensive to launch at scale.

3 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Anything good?  Are pre-sized?  How much a month.  Sounds like it could be a neat idea, but would be expensive to launch at scale.

You can find all the info here https://www.watchgang.com/#get-started I have not tried the service myself but I agree it does look like a cool idea. 

Pricing is the following 

Original Tier - Watches are worth up to $150 

Monthly | $29.99 

Paying for more months up front gives you a discount. 
3-Month Prepay | $85.99 - SAVE 5%
6-Month Prepay | $162.99 - SAVE 10%
12-Month Prepay | $299.99 - SAVE 20%

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cigar_83 said:

You can find all the info here https://www.watchgang.com/#get-started I have not tried the service myself but I agree it does look like a cool idea. 

Sounds too much like a scam for me, viewing their site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cigar_83 said:

I just can't see anyone being that open to random watches.  I'm super picky but I buy watches because I'm attached to them specifically, for whatever reason.  I'd rather purchase one nice watch that means something to me, every 10 years, than dump the same money on a bunch of randos.  I'm being nice; I actually can't even imagine.  ?

4 hours ago, aphexafx said:

I just can't see anyone being that open to random watches.  I'm super picky but I buy watches because I'm attached to them specifically, for whatever reason.  I'd rather purchase one nice watch that means something to me, every 10 years, than dump the same money on a bunch of randos.  I'm being nice; I actually can't even imagine.  ?

I totally understand.  I am really the same, I really only buy watches every for years and usually, they are something i love and really want to own.  This was just something that came up on my Instagram feed once, in which I was curious enough to click the link.. 

• Like 1

Crazy things happening with Rolex

Gmt master 2 oyster bracelet-GONE

GMR master2 black bezel -GONE

Gmt master 2 Tone Ss/18k GONE

gMT master2 solid 18k To be dermined

Sea dweller 3 sizes eill be available 40mm 42mm Super sea dweller 50mm  Blue face James Cameron presently available for now Plans for a 2 tone SS/18ksea dweller in the pipe line  All ss daytinas will have the ceramic bezel  All 2yone ss/18k daytinas will have yhe traditional 18k gold bezel which i oersonaly prefer  Taste is subjective but oersonally I ferl that yhey ruined the ss daytona eith the somewhat odd ceramic bezel No disrespect to anyone who likes it

In put in a standing order for yhe following

Gmt naster 2  ss peosi bezel Jubilee bracelet

Gmt master 2 ss Black Nlue bezel new and old style jubilee or oyster bezel or both

Exployer  II white dial 42mm

:SeaDweller 42mm/blue dial James Cameron

Yacht master 40 mm blue dial

Really miss yhem since I sold mine to buy ky APs  Love the AP no plans to sell  We will see how the search goes Major  rolex retail manager says he can hook me up  He also informed me if all these changes We will see how this shakes out

15 hours ago, slowsmoke said:

Reminds of me of this company.  I was always tempted by the idea, but I think they went under recently.  

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/interview-randy-brandoff-founder-of-eleven-james

Thats an interesting idea I could see it going both ways - boom / bust.  Only thing is how to deal with damaged watches, would he bite the bullet or is there some type of liability/insurance document..   

42 minutes ago, Cigar_83 said:

Thats an interesting idea I could see it going both ways - boom / bust.  Only thing is how to deal with damaged watches, would he bite the bullet or is there some type of liability/insurance document..   

They would require the renter to pass background checks and also provide full coverage insurance, or require the purchase of full coverage insurance through the service itself for a separate fee.

44 minutes ago, Cigar_83 said:

6 minutes ago, aphexafx said:

They would require the renter to pass background checks and also provide full coverage insurance, or require the purchase of full coverage insurance through the service itself for a separate fee.

Yeah I'm sure you have to agree to full liability for the watch, and they wouldn't hesitate to hit your credit card and then just sue if necessary, given the value of some of those watches.

If I recall correctly, there were rumors swirling for a while before the company closed, that they had laid off employees and stopped sending out watches, but they hadn't announced any shut down, because they were quietly trying to collect all the remaining watches that were in members hands without anyone getting any "big ideas" about trying to keep them.  Again, just is just my memory of speculation, not first hand knowledge.

• 1 month later...

Obviously I really need to step up my watch game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Purchased for my father’s 70th. A first Rolex for us both.

Soon however, I hope to be posting a 2005 Explorer II 16570 Polar for myself. It arrives at my AD Tuesday for inspection.

Any advice on what to look for in the watch, I’m all ears.

02235206cad7c5bb550bd10bc2c3c81f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• JohnS changed the title to Let's talk about watches...