Let's talk about watches...

I'm just never that curious to know what time it is. My cell phone is accurate to the second...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lange 1 in rose gold. Took a little while to arrive.

The only priceless watch in my collection. My Mom told me if I graduated college w a 4.0 GPA she would buy me whatever watch I wanted for graduation. It proved to be good motivation and my Dad almost

New early 40th birthday gift for myself. Omega Seamaster Diver 300  

1 hour ago, BoliDan said:

Be nice to have so much disposable income that I could wear the equivalent of a Porsche 911 around my wrist.

I wish, can’t buy a 911 for that anymore ...

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

I had dinner in SIngapore a few years back with 5 cigar lovers. As an ORIS dealer, I was rocking the new ORIS LE of which one of the gents asked to take a look. They were super polite and it was a lovely and great value swiss mechanical at $3k. It was at that time that I noticed  none of them had anything under $250K on their wrist.  :lol3:

Oris  does make great value mechanical pieces . Even though I may occasionally enjoy some  pricier timepieces .I appreciate and enjoy everything from oris to omega and in between  .There are some really nice pieces in the 3-7k range . I purchased a Cartier santos last  week and it hasn’t left my wrist since .I have gotten so much enjoyment from it, I was questioning why I spend so much on other watches . I don’t choose watches by their price tag as much as what speaks to me .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I had dinner in SIngapore a few years back with 5 cigar lovers. As an ORIS dealer, I was rocking the new ORIS LE of which one of the gents asked to take a look. They were super polite and it was a lovely and great value swiss mechanical at $3k. It was at that time that I noticed  none of them had anything under $250K on their wrist.  :lol3:

It's weird when people have so much money that they start to conspicuously consume. My buddy has a $110k fountain pen... He doesn't even use it. Just sits on his desk and gets cleaned a lot.

31 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

It's weird when people have so much money that they start to conspicuously consume. My buddy has a $110k fountain pen... He doesn't even use it. Just sits on his desk and gets cleaned a lot.

Would love to see a picture of that pen!  Fountain pens are a pain if you they are not a regular writer.

13 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I'm just never that curious to know what time it is. My cell phone is accurate to the second...

But that split second you have to reach into your pocket.

Anyways that's the justification for a watch (until we get electronic brain implants).

And from there the looks are just esthetics and personal preference.

I am ENT surgeon and I cant bring phone or wear watch during operations.

When I am at office investigating patients before surgery I can’t wear any jewelry or wear watch because they can cause post operative infections.

So the clock I usually use is the one that is in the corner of computer screen.

Sometimes I use my fathers old Omega constellation. I don’t own any fancy watches.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SCgarman said:

cigars, humidors, lighters and cutters!

I've cut back on the last 3 😂

Humidors = 4 x 120qt coolers

Lighter = plastic triple jet from Amazon

Cutter = colibri 3 size punch + bond Roberts one + perfecdraw + hemostat (guess I splurged on cutters 🤣

Can't argue with the cigar spending though...

8 hours ago, SCgarman said:

Nobody here on this forum should disparage anyone here for how and what they spend their money on. Be it watches, cars, clothes, fountain pens, guitars or whatever else. We are all here for a discretionary item that none of us need for life survival; cigars. I would imagine most of the 98% of the non-cigar smoking population would think we are a bit "off" with the amount of disposable income we spend on cigars, humidors, lighters and cutters!

8 hours ago, Nevrknow said:

No no. The rest of the world is “ off “. 

We’re “ on “. 😁🔥😎

Remember, "Only the insane have strength to prosper. Only those who prosper, truly judge what is sane."

• Like 4

On 7/3/2022 at 2:02 PM, SCgarman said:

That is an easy to read but sharp looking piece. Now the big question. Do you say "Oh-May-Guh", or "Oh-Mee-Guh"? LOL

Well when I called they said “Swatch Group Parts, what’s your PO number.”  And I said Oh Meg uh ah kwah tear uh rye dur cup neigh toe stuh wrap..  and the lady said “huh”.  And then I said, Oh zero thu ree won cee dub ya zee oh oh fife ny in too ny in and they said “oh ok…”.  That’ll be $160 shipped…. So I guess Oh Meg Uh was ok.  But I think it’s oh mee guh.. 😂

15 hours ago, SCgarman said:

Nobody here on this forum should disparage anyone here for how and what they spend their money on. Be it watches, cars, clothes, fountain pens, guitars or whatever else. We are all here for a discretionary item that none of us need for life survival; cigars. I would imagine most of the 98% of the non-cigar smoking population would think we are a bit "off" with the amount of disposable income we spend on cigars, humidors, lighters and cutters!

... and most of these 98% have their own spending habits which are as silly and fun as our own.  Cars, golf clubs, hand bags, shoes, audiophile gear ... all very deep rabbit holes just like cigars or watches.  Life isn't there to work ....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...