Answer this one for me: "value for moola"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best value for money? As in smoking satisfaction in relation to cost? 1. Por Larranaga Montecarlos  2. San Cristobal de la Habana El Principes 3. Rafael Gonzalez Perlas 

I've had no cigar deliver on the level of the PLMC in the bang for buck department.  Tastes expensive, lasts over an hour, pretty consistent. PLMC SCdlH Principes Juan Lopez #2

I've already been blamed by friends for a steep price hike on my favorite cigar. Not falling into this trap again ?

46 minutes ago, Cayman17 said:

I’m under these impression that all of these choices require 5+ years of age to really shine. 

Perhaps but the 2019 examples are putting a smile on my dial right now. 

It is what the lads will be smoking on the deck this afternoon. :cigar:

3 different price points, but to me, these are ones that have exceeded my expectations and have felt like a bargain. 

PLMC

Priced under $5 a stick, I have been plowing through them. Rich and sweet, so full of flavor. Take it slow and you have an amazing 1 hour smoke. 

Monte 1

Lonsdale is probably my favorite format. 1.5 hours of pure Monte, but this one stands out for me from the others. I’ve had incredible luck with them. Reasonably priced too. 

Trinidad Fundadores 

Not an economy purchase at all but you get what you pay for. My favorite CC so far. 

• Like 3

My list is based on limited experience, but over the year or so I’ve been smoking regularly I’ve come to rely on the following as staples offering a quality smoke at good value:

- Bolivar Royal Corona

- RASS

- Partagas Lusitania

I would obviously smoke the first two more often but the Lusitania has never let me down and is IMO reasonably priced.

In no particular order:

- Partagas Lusitania. Name one other category of consumer good where you can experience the very best the world has to offer for about USD15.

- PLMC. Consensus favourite on this thread? Unbelievably low cost for a great smoke. USD5 each?

- Bolivar PC. Look at the blind tasting comp for this one. Complex, rich, satisfying, ages well... at a bog standard PC price.

Honourable mention to SCDLH El Principe?

Great thread so far.

• Like 1

1. Por Larrananga Montecarlos (almost impossible to remove this from the top!)

2. Upmann Half Coronas

3. Rafael Gonzalez Petit Corona

These three sticks easily dominate at least 70%+ of all cigars coming off The Island.

2 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

I've already been blamed by friends for a steep price hike on my favorite cigar. Not falling into this trap again ?

Yup - I often chuckle about the free market research Rob is providing with such threads for HSA.  :lol:

• Haha 3