Answer this one for me: "value for moola"

"Rob

FOH has proven to be both godsend to my Habanos journey and to the expansion of my vocabulary. 

If I have got this right, can you help me out with the following. 

I need your three best ridgy didge, no brainer, cracker cigars that deliver value for moola"

So peoples let's help him out. 

Can you let us know your top 3 value for money cigars? :thinking:

Let's define value for money as "maximum enjoyment  in relation to dollars spent" 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best value for money? As in smoking satisfaction in relation to cost? 1. Por Larranaga Montecarlos  2. San Cristobal de la Habana El Principes 3. Rafael Gonzalez Perlas 

I've had no cigar deliver on the level of the PLMC in the bang for buck department.  Tastes expensive, lasts over an hour, pretty consistent. PLMC SCdlH Principes Juan Lopez #2

I've already been blamed by friends for a steep price hike on my favorite cigar. Not falling into this trap again ?

Hmm.. So not necessarily Cheap & Cheerful I take it? If so, here's my crack at it. (no particular order)

• HU Magnum 50. A biggish cigar at a decent price.  Once of my first loves in the CC world.
  • PL Picadores.  Great bang for the buck Hermosos No 4.
  • RyJ Cazadores.  Bypassed by many. Of which I'm thankful for.  :D  
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SenorPerfecto said:

It's so subjective and ever-changing. 

Absolutely.  2 of my 3 three  would be different to what they were 18 months ago. 

Right now:

1. BBF
  2. PLPC
  3. RASS
  • Like 3

HUHC. There isn't a greater value in cigars in my opinion. I get damn near an hour out of them, and they're outstanding. 

I'd put PLPC up there, but without some time down, they're pedestrian at best (to me)

Then lastly, I'd say a RASS or graded/high quality Monte #4. Inexpensive, and in my limited experience, when it's on, it's on. The problem is...when it's off, it's firepit decoration. 

• Like 2

Money and Enjoyment . A quality box of Cohiba Genios. Don't get me wrong ...In Aus from Rob we get them for a bargain compared to other retailers. So for 50 to 60 notes for an hour of smoking bliss go a PSP box . (Aus Price)

For me the same goes for Monte 2 and Hoyo San Juan. Sit back relax and enjoy high quality hand picked cigars. Money well spent.

• Like 1

For a relatively cheap stick, PLPC can't be beat IMHO.  There are other great PCs of course, but as far as value goes I think PLPC takes the cake.

I agree that high quality RASS rate high on the value spectrum, and I think good PSD4 rate right up there with them.

Montecristo offers a lot of good values as well.  Depending on what you're after (regarding vitola/smoke time), the No. 2, No. 3, and No. 4 are all great sticks for the price. 

Hard to narrow it down to 3, because in the end it will always come down to personal taste.  At least if he picks up a few popular boxes like PSD4 or RASS, he won't have any trouble giving/trading them away if he decides he doesn't like them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deeg said:

PLMC

I started to recommend these over the PLPC, but the construction issues have really put some people off.  I think they'd have to be hand-selected, but definitely.  The next-to-nothing price of a box of PLMC has always blown my mind. 

• Like 1

My list might not be the least expensive bunch but here goes

Sir Winston - never had one that didn't make smile 

Diplo #2 - always surprised at the Cuban twang flavors

PLPC - great sweet flavor and takes more time than the size would suggest 

BBF 

PLPC

Party Shorts

Honorable mention: Partagas Lusi.  At 13-16 a stick they're a bargain. Add to that the fact they're usually high quality and available in 10's - you can't beat it for an iconic cigar that practically guarantees 2+ hours of bliss.  

• Like 2

I’m chewing the smoke on another young cracker BBF so for ME

1.BBF

2. PLMC

3. Just get a cab of Partagas Shorts in PSP and thank El Pres later. My first box was blind out of the FOH store and was brilliant.

all completely subjective but you will absolutely get a taste of these Marcas DNA. At the very least these are 2fer sampler worthy. 

• Like 2

For my money, it’s:

1. PSD4 (you can buy blind, they are that good lately) 

2. Boil CJ (2017 are fantastic) 

3. San Cristobal de la Habana El Principes (LGR code if possible) 

Hard to lose with any of those. 

Honorable mention:

Partagas shorts, JL no. 2