Your latest CC Purchase?

14 hours ago, Bri Fi said:

RAT JUL 21. Yellow sticker is a new one. Guessing HQ. Good looking construction and great aroma

RAT May Jun and July in my stable. Looking for more to carry me to the 5 year mark. The problem is I like them young too. 👍🏻

• Like 2

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

@JohnS have you heard of any evidence to suggest that the cigars included in these Seleccion packages are of a generally higher quality than average production?

It could stand to reason that Habanos might want to use quality cigars in these sampler packs to attract new customers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, RichG said:

@JohnS have you heard of any evidence to suggest that the cigars included in these Seleccion packages are of a generally higher quality than average production?

It could stand to reason that Habanos might want to use quality cigars in these sampler packs to attract new customers. 

I've not heard that said directly no, however; I've encountered a number of positive, even glowing reviews of these multi-brand releases and thus far I've been very happy with what I've smoked. So, in brief, your summation is most certainly not far-fetched.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

BRE Sep 2017 Selección Pirámides , a multi-brand combination release containing one each of a 52 ring gauge x 156 mm (or 6⅛ inches) in length Pirámides across six marcas (Cohiba, H.Upmann, Hoyo de Monterrey, Montecristo, Partagas and Romeo y Julieta). I've bought the Selección Petit Robustos multi-brand release recently and was greatly impressed with the cigars from that box so I decided to give this multi-brand release a try.

Good looking examples. Would be fun to put together a few consecutive years releases and sample down the road, almost like a vertical tasting in wine. See how construction and blend have changed with 5-6 box commitment versus 25-30.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2021 at 11:16 PM, hrs1 said:

A very DC bday 🎂 (HDM - GOB JUL 21; Punch - OER FEB 20)

@hrs1There’s a cab of 50 SLR DC up on BR if you want to round out the collection…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Verulam said:
Nice haul ….I wouldn’t worry about the serial numbers …I stopped checking those years ago after my first couple boxes ….if you are buying from a trusted vendor there should be no worries

Right on. I don’t think I checked the last couple orders before this because of the vendors. But it was weird when the 1/2 Coronas came back wrong.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ChicagoRob said:

Right on. I don’t think I checked the last couple orders before this because of the vendors. But it was weird when the 1/2 Coronas came back wrong.

RyJ Petit royales come back wrong systematically across the board.

If the micro printed numbers match the serial I'd assume half Coronas are fine. Usually if there's funny business it's people using cheaper warranty seals on more expensive cigars (MF serials on Sir Winstons) not the other way around.

Edit: for what it's worth I did a lookup of the serials on a box of Upmann half Coronas of mine and they registered as:

H.UPMANN HALF CORONA CB-UW-C/L-12,13-n-25

So it's not across the board but it may just be the specific mastercase yours came from that was misclassified.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 1:15 AM, Heels82 said:

Last delivery of the year here as well with a couple of elusive heavy hitters.  Had a bit of damage on one of feet of the lanceros (which kinda looks a bit funky so the box is under quarantine for a while) so will smoke that tomorrow evening as won't have time tonight.  Thanks to FOH for the great packaging on the JL No.1s and looking forward to trying one out after a bit of rest as well.  Happy New Year to everyone on the forum and our gracious hosts!  🥂🎉        

Cohiba Genios - TUA ABR '21

Cohiba Lanceros - AMP AGO '21

JL Selección No. 1 - MGL SEP '21

Cohiba Genios (25).jpg

Cohiba Genios (25) - 1.jpg

Cohiba Genios (25) - 2.jpg

Cohiba Genios (25) - 3.jpg

Cohiba Lanceros.jpg

Cohiba Lanceros - 1.jpg

Cohiba Lanceros - 2.jpg

Cohiba Lanceros - 3.jpg

Cohiba Lanceros - 4.jpg

JL Seleccion No. 1.jpg

JL Seleccion No. 1 - 1.jpg

JL Seleccion No. 1 - 2.jpg

Amp code? Do we have Lanceros rolling from another factory? or El Laguito now coded AMP?

3 minutes ago, Hoepssa said:

Amp code? Do we have Lanceros rolling from another factory? or El Laguito now coded AMP?

Other factory, I think monte especiales are coming out of there too. El laguito is currently MAR.

• Like 2