Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

30 minutes ago, Nino said:

Rich - further to our interesting PM conversation, here are some pictures of the wrapper quality we discussed.
I decided to take pictures as I am sending some Farm rolled cigars to a good friend in Vancouver for X-mas.
Top 2 pictures are a BHK 56 with some age as can be seen from the yellowed paper.
Bottom picture is a newer Casilda sized FR.

Enjoy your FR's, you are in the best hands,  best regards !

Nino, these look incredible. I am sure your very generous gift will be well received.

I was going to put my recent FR acquisitions to sleep for some time, but I may have to put the torch to those dalias. 

I appreciate you sharing your photos, videos and experience with me. 

Best,

Rich

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RichG-LI-NY said:

Nino, these look incredible. I am sure your very generous gift will be well received.

I was going to put my recent FR acquisitions to sleep for some time, but I may have to put the torch to those dalias. 

I appreciate you sharing your photos, videos and experience with me. 

Best,

Rich

The pleasure is mine @RichG-LI-NY !!

Do it, light one up and try - I just did with a FR Casilda and it blew me away, what a magnificent cigar.

Best / Nino

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heels82 said:

The weather has been great here this week but my biggest nemesis is the wind as I smoke on our roof...Hope you've been able to migrate from the garage to the backyard for this nice little window of weather.  Btw, sweet Pink Floyd corn hole boards!  

Been blowing 20 mph sustained with gusts to 30 for the last 2 days.  Wind is my biggest issue right now too, so I'm "stuck" in the garage (it's not too bad).  Aside from the heater fan noise, the only real negative to the garage is sometimes the smoke smell gets in the house and I catch grief from the house boss. 

I got those boards as a gift from employees years ago.  We don't play bags too much anymore since the nest is empty and I gave up drinking, but I love how they look in the garage.  They come out for the annual subdivision block party.

2 hours ago, Drguano said:

Lovely box of Trinidad Media Luna arrived on a -8°C morning but still smell nice. BSM JUN 21

Lovely and you saved on freezing them tooo, splendid win-win 🙂

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jonboy4074 said:

Surprised to see you pick up a box of CoRo not from EL.

I’ve seen lots of pics of MAR coded boxes of different Cohiba lines over the past 6+ months….compared to other non-MAR codes (EOL comes to mind)….construction might be better, but the wrapper quality on MAR codes seems to be average to below that of what other factories are using IMO. 

Could be off, but just an observation I’ve noticed. Perhaps one of the big pluses of buying in 2021. Hard to go wrong with the quality being pumped out across the board presently. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bijan said:

A quarter box of secretos from 24:24.

I have smoked a couple of these already and they were outstanding.

• Like 1

I’ve seen lots of pics of MAR coded boxes of different Cohiba lines over the past 6+ months….compared to other non-MAR codes (EOL comes to mind)….construction might be better, but the wrapper quality on MAR codes seems to be average to below that of what other factories are using IMO. 

Could be off, but just an observation I’ve noticed. Perhaps one of the big pluses of buying in 2021. Hard to go wrong with the quality being pumped out across the board presently. 
I would tend to agree with you on what I've seen as well.
  • Like 1

Are you grading wrapper quality on darker=better ?
MAR with experience uses nice smooth lighter wrappers on cohiba and on esmeralda. Light on both particularly cohiba much better IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Are you grading wrapper quality on darker=better ?
MAR with experience uses nice smooth lighter wrappers on cohiba and on esmeralda. Light on both particularly cohiba much better IMO.

Not at all. Especially not on Cohiba. I prefer Claro/lighter wrappers on Cohiba -with a slight rosado hue to em. Always have. My comment was based on observations of both color and most significantly on wrapper sheen/oils. 

• Like 2