Which Marque do you dislike the most?

Which one do you dislike the most  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cohiba- is too overrated and overpriced brand. If Cohiba appears in my humidor, I try to smoke it out faster, so that it does not catch my eye and does not annoy me. I fight it, but it keeps coming ba

This is like trying to pick out which one of your kids you love the least. 

I said Punch. But I like all of the choices to differing degrees.  Of these choices, I wouldn’t even say I dislike Punch the most, as much as I would say that I like it the least.

Monte with Hoyo a close second. I've tried most Monte regular production vitolas several times over and it's shocking how few resonate with me. Seriously inconsistent construction and flavor, but get a great one and it's glorious. Just far too few fall into that category. I'm just not willing to buy box after box only to get a few cracker sticks. Apart from a box of Especial No 2 here and there, no more coin from me for this marca. 

Upmann - because I can’t taste what others are tasting in this marca.  It just comes out as woody smoke.  Although I had an HUHC this week that was exceptional.  First Upmann where the flavors were detectable for me. 

• Like 1

Cohiba.....like being licked by kittens.      Never feel like i've had a cigar after a Cohiba . Medio Siglo and Piramides Extra get a pass, as they've got some guts.    Trinidad and Quai D'orsay are my premium light bodied smokes, as they have rounded out complete blends. 

• Like 1

I voted Bolivar.  I don't hate it per se'.  It's just that I don't find a lot of cigars in this marca I do love.  I'm a huge fan of the BGM. But that's limited and long since gone. I enjoy BBF's, but I don't find myself going out of the way to stock up on them.  I do have an old box of Vintage BCE's and consider them to be the pinnacle of the brand.  So, from that list.  Bolivar for me.

• Like 1

Bolivar for me only the BBF has a decent flavor profile all the other vitolas taste like a scoop of wet dirt in my mouth very one dimensional and underwhelming. I'm trying to smoke through them as fast as I can. 

• Like 1

I voted Upmann, not because I dislike it (hell my inventory tells me I've got more Upmann than anything else) but I don't like any of the Magnum series. Of the other marcas listed, I'm happy to smoke just about anything. 

2 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I said Punch.

But I like all of the choices to differing degrees.  Of these choices, I wouldn’t even say I dislike Punch the most, as much as I would say that I like it the least.

This comment is exactly my thoughts as well.  I voted Punch.  I don’t feel there are enough vitolas to judge the marque appropriately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I said Punch.

But I like all of the choices to differing degrees.  Of these choices, I wouldn’t even say I dislike Punch the most, as much as I would say that I like it the least.

Ditto

• Like 2

Guest Nekhyludov

I went with Cohiba, only because of the recent price increases. The cost of Cohiba has become absurd, and it just isn't possible to justify anymore. I don't foresee ever buying them again. I've got half a box each of '14 CORO and '15 Esplendido, and when those are gone, I'm likely done with Cohiba.

Montecristo is easily #1 for me - just too many nondescript sticks. No flavor at all. Especiales are an exception.

At #2 is Bolivar as the most overrated Marca bar none. The only current regular production I like are 4-5 year old Royal Coronas and even then they are far down the list of my favorite Robustos / Hermoso #4s frequently smoked vitolas. BBFs are terrible.

Romeo y Julieta is #3 but I absolutely love the Cazadores and Wide Churchills

Punch for me, in my extremely limited CC experience with all these different marcas. It’s just that it has no representation right now in my humidor. Punch Punch is a good cigar but less than medium for me. I hope to try that 48 one day but I rarely have a DC. Again I Don't dislike any of them, it’s just low on the list.