What is the song that moves you emotionally?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cat Steven's Father & Son It kind of sums up life, we are all too busy working so that we do well to really enjoy the good things in life. My Grandfather sadly passed away after a very v

This song moves me like no other...

1 hour ago, 99call said:

Nick Drake 'Riverman'....a rare talent..    A great tune for a cigar if feeling reflective

That was pretty much my hair style when I graduated high school in 79, glad to see it coming around again ?

• Thanks 1

Lost my Mom 11 years ago. Her name was Irene. Hard to listen to the song “Goodnight Irene” anymore and not think of my Mom. Various iterations of the lyrics exist, but “Good night Irene, I’ll see you in my dreams” is usually all I need to get choked up as that is the one place I see her these days. 

It’s often played as an encore at concerts. I usually have to laugh, thinking “up here we go... great way to end the concert”! 

“Favorite” version is probably Dr. John, or at least was before it took on a bit of a negative connotation for me! 

11 hours ago, CampDelta369 said:

Pat Metheney did this improvisational piece on the road. Solo from "More Travels". I get lost in it.

Metheny is likely my favourite current living artist.

The Way Up is the most beautiful piece of music.

Love me some Pat.

• Like 1

My daughter selected this for our dance at her wedding...brings tears every time I hear it now.

5 hours ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

Metheny is likely my favourite current living artist.

The Way Up is the most beautiful piece of music.

Love me some Pat.

The album with his trio, Day Trip is great. When We Were Free is my favorite track 

Had a chance to see Shemekia perform this song (written by her late father, which gives it even more emotion) live, there wasn’t a dry eye in the house when she walked out from behind the mic. A recording just can’t do justice to how awesome her unaided voice is; completely fills an amphitheater, but still clear and not shouting. 

*Almost any of Ennio Morricone's Western Show tunes, particularly "The Good The Bad and the Ugly", and almost all of Enya's music, "Sail Away" and "Carribean Blue".  Those songs move my heart and soul until they blend into each other :daydream:

19055101_1892967134294993_6235480303228409782_o.jpg

21462460_484319208616879_7309726922426236523_n.jpg

18057215_1831848447079635_1377801961586644625_n.jpg

On 8/10/2019 at 2:06 PM, ElJavi76 said:

Julio Iglesias was big in the 60s and 70s. My father was and is a big fan. I remember being a kid growing up and my dad playing his wax records. He's got dozens and dozens of great songs but this one gets me every time...

So playing Julio songs this past week and Spotify shows tour dates. He's coming to Atlantic City NJ. I told my kin... My sister, my cousin and his gf, plus my wife and I are going to see Julio live on 9/28. How awesome is that? Guess I get to cry in public. It's happened before. Gotta feel what ya feel when ya feel it. My first time ever. I'm so pumped!