What's your latest NC purchase?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

1 hour ago, Fireball Ron said:

I picked up a box of Aladino Corojo Reseva No 4. I am letting them rest a few months. I bought it solely out of curiosity. I have heard from people that they are the closest thing taste-wise to pre-2000 Cubans. I was told specifically Partagas.

We will see.

Keep us posted!😁

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Capn_Jackson said:

Full disclosure: NOT a purchase. Rather, a review weekend prize - definitely an incredibly generous prize at that! Also came with something I’ve always wanted, the FOH cigar stand! I’ve been under the weather this past few days, but I cannot wait to have one later this week, and another one a month down the line.

Got my prize delivery as well. The look and smell great! Also agree that the FOH stand was a nice bonus. 😁

• Like 4

On 8/3/2023 at 8:39 AM, ChangBang said:

Hey just a question - are all cigar prices the same in each shop?  So more looking for stock vs better pricing if going to different cigar stores? 

Cigar prices are government regulated in Spain, and sales of cigars are almost exclusively in Estancos (the official government regulated retail network), as since smoking ban in public establishments took place, restaurants and others former retailers slowly stopped having  humidors to offer a cigar post meal. 

attached is the list of prices issued by the government in their official bulletin.

and some historical reference as the word “Estanco” aka the first fiscal monopoly in history. https://revistavegueta.ulpgc.es/ojs/index.php/revistavegueta/article/view/234/446

PreciosLabores26_09_2023.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This morning I ordered a couple Oliva V Lancero, a Padron 50th anniversary maduro (both were Lounge Lizzard topics), a box of Padron Principe maduro  and a box of of Fuente exquisitos maduro.

Next on the NW list is a box of Padron exclusivo, a Desnudo Carlota lll wheel and a Petit Corona lV wheel

• Like 4

5 hours ago, KCCubano said:

I have had several different Casdagli sizes snd shapes. My favorite so far is the Rosetta Cabinet Selection with some age. Been wanting to try a few of their Lanceros

I am literally floored by the Pony Express I just do not feel like I want to try the other lines unless I am ready…what I smoked this morning is just sublime until the last tiny nub… crazy thing is, even when it’s already extremely short I still get smacked by the creaminess of it…. Absolutely recommended 👍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fireball said:

Liga Privada Único Serie Papas Fritas 

The Lounge Lizards like it so I figured I’d give it a go  

I picked up a box at $4 a stick on sale 6 months ago. Had never sampled before. Pretty good for a small NC. Keep getting better as well

On 10/14/2023 at 1:28 PM, Uwiik said:

Anyone ever heard of Casdagli? I think Casdagli - Daughter of the Winds “Pony Express” box pressed is really astonishing!! I was smacked and couldn’t believe how good it is considering nobody ever talked about the brand and how inexpensive the brand is….I would say flavor profile is up on par with cigar double or triple its price and it burns perfectly straight as an arrow…You should try it… Excuse the short ash on the picture, I just dropped it typing this post…

These are way under the radar, amazing, and affordable.  Shhhhhhh........ 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2023 at 1:47 AM, GVan said:

A lot of talk about Casdagli - went for the sampler pack and 5 Daughter of the Wind Pony's.  Probably will be at least 90 days before I smoke any of these.

90 days?  C'monnnn smoke one of the Pony Express and let us know what you think 😉