What's your latest NC purchase?

On 1/5/2024 at 12:08 AM, eaglebear29 said:

I'm curious when your next one will be in 1 month or going for more like 6 months?

I have to boxes of the brûlée blue and am curious how these are I've heard mixed reviews and many saying it isn't sweet smooth and creamy like the blue, that it maybe shouldn't even be in the class and its a big disappointment (Which I find hard to believe or don't want to haha), but I've also heard great things so far seems 50/50 which is surprising to me coming from DT&T.

I will post my thoughts when I try it again. I consider the Blue in pretty much a league of its own. My first Wagashi was great, but not in the elite realm. Not a disappointment for me. Like I say, not many cigars on the planet share the space with the Blue. 

Jason

• Thanks 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

Lots of Warped - La Colmena, Black Honey, Sky Flower, and Moon Garden. Excited to try the Black Honey because I'm a huge fan of La Colmena. I wasn't heavy into the hobby when the previous releases came out.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2024 at 2:02 PM, Nizzlefuzz said:

Lots of Warped - La Colmena, Black Honey, Sky Flower, and Moon Garden. Excited to try the Black Honey because I'm a huge fan of La Colmena. I wasn't heavy into the hobby when the previous releases came out.

Look forward to your thoughts on the Black Honey. It is much beloved. I bought the new one but haven't tried yet. Just because I wanted to give it another spin. In the past, I was not a fan. A dissenting opinion. I think the black honey is a mix of La Colmena and El Oso. I LOVE La Colmena but am not a fan of the El Oso. 

The Sky Flower is fire. Had my second Moon Garden yesterday. I liked it a lot but it is strong. I felt it for about an hour after I smoked it. 

Jason

3 hours ago, JLH said:

Look forward to your thoughts on the Black Honey. It is much beloved. I bought the new one but haven't tried yet. Just because I wanted to give it another spin. In the past, I was not a fan. A dissenting opinion. I think the black honey is a mix of La Colmena and El Oso. I LOVE La Colmena but am not a fan of the El Oso. 

The Sky Flower is fire. Had my second Moon Garden yesterday. I liked it a lot but it is strong. I felt it for about an hour after I smoked it. 

Jason

As I understand it, Warped had just partnered with the El Titan de Bronze factory to roll both La Colmena and El Oso and one of the rollers messed up one day and used the El Oso wrapper on a days worth of La Colmenas. Kyle went with it and the rest is history. I've heard in releases since they've tweaked the blend a bit. I agree about El Oso. Not that I didn't like it, it just didn't seem worth the cost for what it delivered.

Sky Flower is the blend that turned me on to Warped. I think I have bought 6 or 7 boxes and have gone through about half in the past year. The new Moon Garden is a beast! Definitely one to space out in the rotation.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ford2112 said:

Decided to give these a shot.  They smell like a forest fire mixed with foot! They taste surprisingly good! Robust little smoke with a sweetness to it. Not for everyone but with a fat morning coffee and an attitude like I usually have before 10 am ,I can dig it! Liking the classico a touch more than the antico. 

That style of cigar is remarkable good. Very different with the fire-cured tobacco and dry instead of humidified texture, but still great. I believe the Toscano is from Italy. The US has its own versions of that style sold by Parodi and Avanti cigars.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TacoSauce said:

. I believe the Toscano is from Italy. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

Decided to give these a shot.  They smell like a forest fire mixed with foot! They taste surprisingly good! Robust little smoke with a sweetness to it. Not for everyone but with a fat morning coffee and an attitude like I usually have before 10 am ,I can dig it! Liking the classico a touch more than the antico. 

Cut them in half and you’ll feel like Clint. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Cut them in half and you’ll feel like Clint. 

I did. They get hot too quick. But like Clint, a man's got to know his limitations.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

Some singles of Padron 1964 Anniversary Series cigars...

From left to right; Padron 1964 Diplomatico Natural, Padron 1964 Imperial Maduro, Padron 1964 Torpedo Maduro, Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro, Padron 1964 Principe Maduro and Padron 1964 Principe Natural.

Those are all very good sticks. Nice haul! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VeguerosMAN said:

Have you tried Padron 26 maduros? They are richer and full strength. I personally prefer 1964 maduros.

I have and prefer the 64. Love the natural too. Padron 26s are good too just my preference as I feel the 64 is a little more balanced.

• Like 1