What's your latest NC purchase?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

1 hour ago, Lamboinee said:

Bought a sampler yesterday. Very curious 

Well, it’s not often I make an assessment or purchase that quickly, but I smoked about 5 over the weekend. ROTT was pretty good, immediately dry boxed 4 more and smoked even better. Enough to get me to jump anyway.

….but, I could, on my two hands, count the number of commercial NCs I’ve bought in the last decade. At one time though, I had my leg deep in the well of boutique NCs.

5 hours ago, KnightsAnole said:

immediately dry boxed 4 more and smoked even better

I would not have guessed dry-boxing immediately upon receipt would have benefited....but I plan to smoke on ROTT and let the others marinate for a bit.

On 3/8/2023 at 1:07 PM, Heels82 said:

Sting story

Hope to read it in his review.  "ALEXA!..."

13 minutes ago, Lamboinee said:

I would not have guessed dry-boxing immediately upon receipt would have benefited....but I plan to smoke on ROTT and let the others marinate for a bit.

That’s pretty much what “marinating’ is man, NCs are often shipped too wet and need a few weeks to adjust back down in moisture content. Cigars can taste bitter and even bland if too wet. Dry boxing Rott is just what I do to speed em up, and only if they’re decent Rott. If they aren’t. I let them dry out slowly in a cabinet, sometimes they don’t come around for months. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KnightsAnole said:

That’s pretty much what “marinating’ is man, NCs are often shipped too wet and need a few weeks to adjust back down in moisture content. Cigars can taste bitter and even bland if too wet. Dry boxing Rott is just what I do to speed em up, and only if they’re decent Rott. If they aren’t. I let them dry out slowly in a cabinet, sometimes they don’t come around for months. 

I've literally had a few boxes that were wet enough that they lived OUTSIDE my humidor for a month before finally getting smokeable. Had some HVC's that came like that, nearly wrote off the entire brand, but after that time-out they started smoking better and better, till I then deposited them back to the humi. I started doing that with any boxes that had burn issues or bitterness and it helped a ton.

On 3/15/2023 at 3:31 PM, Cabbie said:

Twofer for me. Both were impulse buys b/c mega sale/rarity. Never had an Opus, wanted to add a couple to be collection, is the PerfecXion #5. Other is Oliva Monticello, usually retails for $20/stick and is limited to Holts, was on sale for $140 for the box + a free lighter. 

IMG_20230314_144614.jpg

IMG_20230314_143910.jpg

IMG_20230314_143934.jpg

IMG_20230314_144127.jpg

How are the Olivas? I have developed quite the fondness for Melanios and didn’t know how these compare?

On 3/19/2023 at 7:30 AM, MasterYotti said:

How are the Olivas? I have developed quite the fondness for Melanios and didn’t know how these compare?

I'm letting them rest at the moment, but as soon as I fire one up, I'll let you know! I love the Melanio Maduro, to me it's a tasty stick. I've heard good things about the Monticello though.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lamboinee said:

Dcrossier, upper realm, and some la grands. 

PXL_20230317_162433950.jpg.15c8b68781a1128d516ca7a620e22765.jpg

I've heard some good stuff about Dcrossier, what kind of flavor notes do you typically get out of em?