What's your latest NC purchase?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Padron Sampler...

What budget? I don't need food next month....yes, I wore my 'cigar gang' colors.

On 12/10/2022 at 11:15 PM, shokao said:

@JohnS How would you describe the difference flavor wise between natural and maduro? I know you prefer the natural version but I’m curious to listen to you.

In general, with the Padron 1964 series I find the maduro versions a little fuller in body or flavour and a touch sweeter, especially in those cocoa/chocolate notes. In comparison, within the 1964 line I find the natural versions a little drier on the palate. Honestly, it's like splitting hairs when I recall the difference as I type. Frankly, I quite enjoy the differences in both!

On 12/11/2022 at 6:01 AM, PuroDiario said:

Grabbed a bunch in a good deal. Thoughts? Thank you all for the posts here, very informative.

You've got a good array of variety there, in my opinion. I think that you will enjoy working out what you prefer when you get around to smoking them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PuroDiario said:

Grabbed a bunch in a good deal. Thoughts? Thank you all for the posts here, very informative.

Please post a review of the Davidoff Royal Release - was considering picking one up as a Xmas treat. Also if you know somewhere I can get some Opus please PM me. 

• Like 3

On 12/10/2022 at 10:51 AM, JohnS said:

Padron 1964 Anniversary Series Maduro Sampler. From left to right; Padron 1964 Anniversary "A", Padron 1964 Diplomatico, Padron 1964 Exclusivo, Padron 1964 Torpedo and Padron 1964 Imperial.

Now the Maduro comes in. 

On 12/10/2022 at 10:32 AM, Russell said:

Fuente TAA event at a local B&M. Most things were limit one or two but I got some goodies none the less. I tried convincing them that no one was going to have time to smoke the Opus A’s, but I would graciously take the rest of them off their hands. They weren’t buying it.

Nice haul!

On 12/7/2022 at 4:45 PM, MossybackR said:

I purchased a Tatuaje Advent cigar sampler nearly a month ago, but after unwrapping I kept in storage until December 1 in order to follow the traditional practice of opening one “door” each of the 24 days before Christmas. Each of the cigars is 4 1/2” x 46. I’m familiar with some but certainly not all of the Tatuaje line, but all that I’ve tasted so far are well made, excellent cigars.

Love this set, going through a 22 now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JohnS said:

Oh, @oneizzzz, you've hunted down the elusive Oliva Melanio Sampler pack. Well done! 👍

I was back home visiting my parents recently and I stopped into the local shop on a whim.  I asked if they had any Oliva Melanio Serie V Lanceros and they pulled this box out.  Remembering your post on this thread, I swiftly purchased it!  Quite lucky!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NweakO said:

From our gracious host. Arrived just in time, they do smell amazing.

Can’t wait to try them in a few months.

Moved to the (Non-Cuban) NC Purchase thread from the (Cuban Cigar) CC Purchase thread. Nice pick up! 👍