• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

11 hours ago, Shaunster said:

I think it depends in the cigar, IMO dark wrappers don't suit hoyo or most Cubans at all, I actively avoid them. But for certain cigars like monte edmundo/petite Edmundo dark wrappers can be nice. But yeah, I don't seek them out.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I happen to agree with you. Some of the best Cuban's I ever smoked. Boxes of CORO, Espy, a 50 cab of JL #2 from 2008, Punch Punch, Monte Edmundo's, Romeo short Churchills, Wide Churchills, RASS, Trinidad Robustos extra, Robustos T, Reyes. You get the picture. Not sure why, but I believe it let's well blended cigars show their intended taste. On the other hand, I've had dark wrapped cigars I didn't like, turn fantastic years down the road. Also comes down to a matter of preference imo.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bijan said:

I generally prefer light wrappers. Dark wrappers can have burn issues and heavier flavours

Have to concur. I've been avoiding dark wrappers for over 10 years. Whenever I have flavor or burn issues 2/3 times it's with dark wrappers. I don't recall really caring much either way until about 2010. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Have to concur. I've been avoiding dark wrappers for over 10 years. Whenever I have flavor or burn issues 2/3 times it's with dark wrappers. I don't recall really caring much either way until about 2010. 

I don't have much from the olden days (before 1998), but I haven't seen much or any dark wrappers 1998-2008 except for those early ELs.

Edit: now even regular production Cohibas come in light and dark wrappers.

21 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

AMP MAR 19. Glad I got 3/4 of a cab of these! Very unique, luxurious flavors and mouth feel.

Got a fiver when they 1st came out. So guessing 19s but really no idea. Have yet to smoke one as vendor said needed a few yrs down. Looks like they are ready to sample!

2 hours ago, Heels82 said:

Calling for Tony's firing in the area?  What look Is Tilly giving you?  

No firing Tony since the owner loves him but the fans certainly are calling for it. Tilly’s look is the response to “get off of me, you stupid dog!”  🤣